Aerojet Rocketdyne is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader providing propulsion and energetics to the space, missile defense and strategic systems, tactical systems and armaments areas. Our projects present tangible opportunities for you to make a significant impact and be recognized for your outstanding work.
Aerojet Rocketdyne seeks a Senior Analyst, Accounting Process Optimization. You will be part of a new accounting process optimization team with high visibility to the Company's Senior Financial Executives and program teams. This position reports to the Manager of Accounting Process Optimization. Estimated 5-10% travel with potential increase based on company transactions.
This current opening may be filled at this level as posted or at one level higher.
Work is performed under limited general direction:
30% - Work with business partners to continually identify opportunities to improve overall control environment, optimize financial processes, and reduce cost. Define and drive project to develop and implement identified opportunities including driving engagement with information technology teams.
30% - Support Financial Reporting SOX cycle including annual risk assessment, control design validation (walkthroughs), monitoring control effectiveness test execution. This includes working directly with business process owners across the company to assess adequacy of deficiency remediation plans and to improve overall control design.
20% - Support special projects and/or accounting initiatives including mergers, acquisitions and divesture initiatives.
20% - Provide technical accounting expertise to program teams ensuring continued application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Evaluate customer contacts to determine appropriate accounting treatment. Partner with program teams to proactively identify, communicate and resolve accounting issues.Qualifications
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related discipline and at least (6) six years of related experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
US Citizenship required. Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
Additional Requirements and Preferred Qualifications:
- CPA with attestation or equivalent needed.
- Big 4 experience is preferred.
- Understanding of accounting systems, applications, directives and procedures a must.
- Experience in manufacturing accounting and/or government contracting experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), including revenue accounting standards (ASC606), cost accounting, and general ledger accounting expected.
- Principles of business management, including long term contract accounting, methods, and procedures.
The successful candidate will have the following abilities:
- Apply general accounting principles/standards and auditing standards and procedures.
- Research and determine application of new accounting standard.
- Evaluate complex and/or high volumes of data to develop conclusions.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including preparing comprehensive, clear and concise analytical reports and presentations.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Make sound decisions and recommendations in regard to the Company’s accounting and business management activities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Work independently with limited supervision in an fast paced environment.
- Drive team engagement.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Employees in this position must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit and to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 15 pounds; may require minimal walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. This position may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.