Opportunity: Senior Analyst, Business Development & Asset Management
HHM is seeking a senior analyst to support a growing multi-branded portfolio with the acquisition and development and asset management of key assets. The senior analyst will directly support the business development team in acquiring new management contracts, and maximizing investment returns through asset management of HHM joint ventures. Reports to Executive Vice President.
Potential Career Path
Director of Business Development or Senior Asset Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Lead the underwriting, due diligence, and presentation materials for development opportunities and present findings to acquisitions and development leadership.
- Provide financial modeling and due diligence support for all business development opportunities.
- Working closely with other divisions (Operations, Legal, Accounting) to ensure accuracy in all due diligence and asset management functions.
- Analyze income statements, conduct benchmarking analysis, and prepare other analyses related to maximizing revenues and minimizing expenses of existing HHM JV investments.
- Conduct detailed market and feasibility analysis for inclusion in management contract presentations.
- Develop and maintain financial models for existing and prospective investments.
- Coordinate all ongoing asset management reporting.
- Gather operating data and research on industry trends, and prepare presentations for monthly acquisitions meetings and quarterly presentations to stakeholders.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Finance, Real Estate, Business or Hospitality; MBA is a plus, but not required.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in hotel acquisitions and development with deep market knowledge.
- Experience with feasibility analysis and financial structures.
- Strong Excel-based financial modeling skills and proficiency in PowerPoint and MS Word.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include occasional work on nights and weekends.
- The position is based in HHM’s Philadelphia corporate office.
- High bonus potential geared towards achieving investment objectives and third-party management contract growth objectives.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It