Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Senior Analyst, Capital Market Operations at our Tysons, Virginia location. The primary purpose of this job is to perform data queries and data analysis related to loan sales, loan purchases, securitization transactions, operational reviews, consumer loan reviews, and real estate loan reviews. This position will serve as a mentor to Junior Analyst, providing assistance as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Develop processes and procedures to automate loan sale deliverables and requirements for loan review reporting.
- Create and optimize diverse SQL queries.
- Develop and maintain SQL scripts and refreshable reports.
- Analyze and tie out collateral stratifications, replines and replines for consumer securitization transactions using tools such as CAS, SQL or Excel.
- Perform data analysis and data profiling using SQL on various source systems including SQL Server 2008.
- Create monthly investor reporting package for Securitization transactions with coordination from Credit, accounting, investor reporting teams and respond to any investor queries or questions related to the securitization transactions.
- Extract and collect data from multiple systems and data repositories for regular reporting and adhoc reporting.
- Validate accuracy of data to ensure data integrity.
- Perform portfolio analysis of loans purchased from third-parties and publish loan production and performance reports.
- Publish active and charged off loan pools eligible for sale following a specified criteria, and answer inquiries from active loan and debt buyers regarding the loan pools.
- Provide administrative support for loan sales and loan purchases.
- Publish various reports needed for operational, consumer, and real estate loan reviews on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and publish the Monthly Department Production and Performance Dashboard.
- Prepare formal written analysis for Senior Management.
- Work with business partners to clarify document requirements.
- Perform file audit relating to pre-approved personal loan program.
- Remain abreast of changes that occur in the data repository and reflect the changes in published reports.
- Participate in related special projects.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in writing complex T-SQL queries and working with Microsoft SQL Server, such as stored procedures, user-defined functions, views, indexes, triggers per business requirements.
- Proficiency with statistical analysis required.
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis tools such as CAS, Excel VBA and SQL
- Strong working knowledge of industry lending and internal lending policies and products.
- Strong working knowledge with Reporting Tools such as Monarch, Data Prep Studio, SAS, Tableau, and Business Objects.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting principles.
- Strong working knowledge of Word and Excel.
Ability to travel to worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 571-495-7921.