Location: New York, NY
The Senior Analyst is responsible for providing financial and analytical support to the General and Administrative (G&A) and the Information Technology (IT) business groups. The analyst will maintain budget/forecasting models and support schedules; continually evaluate business costs and decisions related to hundreds of contractual agreements as well as prepare associated finance summaries; and regularly conduct ad hoc analyses. There is opportunity to negotiate with vendors depending on aptitude and interest. The Senior Analyst will be interfacing with internal business partners at multiple levels within the organization on any given day.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Participate in the development and maintenance of annual departmental budgets, reoccurring forecasts, and long-range plans.
* Maintain detailed schedules for each department of specific types of budgeted expenses, and add and remove as necessary per contract renewals and/or terminations of contracts.
* Along with manager, meet with business owners to identify objectives and projects and associated costs.
* Track spending on budgeted projects and, in particular, capital expenditures on a project and task basis.
* Support the preparation and distribution of financial results reports to key executives as needed.
* Continually evaluate risks and opportunities.
* Prepare financial impact analyses to evaluate new initiatives, programs, and capital investments.
* Prepare financial summaries for various contracts and capital purchase requests. Comprehend and translate technical projects/agreements and prepare a concise, easily understandable summary for executive management. Participate in discussions with business owners to understand the project. Assess if the agreement makes economic sense and explain the financial justifications and research/provide comparison pricing. Identify key risk factors and drivers that have an economic impact.
* Identify and recommend contractual improvements and capital payment terms and implement same with business owners.
* Support the monthly close process by reviewing actuals and ensuring all expenses are booked properly. Prepare the monthly variance analysis (actual vs. budget) to be reviewed by the manager.
* Prepare trending analyses and in-depth assessments of IT and G&A costs as requested/
* Interview, select, train, and manage one intern per semester.
* Bachelor's degree required, MBA or CPA or 2 to 3 years relevant work experience.
* Basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Requirements and General Skills:
* Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment
* Strong financial analysis and quantitative skills; attention to detail
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills including spelling, grammar, and proofreading
* Ability to develop relationships across various functions and departments and at all levels
* Must be resourceful and think creatively on finding solutions for potential cost savings
* Results oriented; shows initiative and follow through on projects while still working collaboratively with Finance team members and business owners
* Ability to project a professional image over the phone and in person
* Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* In-depth knowledge of Excel a must
* Hyperion Planning experience preferred.
* Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite Word and PowerPoint
* Knowledge/familiarity of Oracle or other accounting software tools
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled