How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
The Senior Analyst will operate within the Financial Planning and Analysis team at the National Office at LLS. This role will be responsible for consolidating forecasts of over 50 units across the United States on a monthly basis and providing reporting to Senior Management. Understand drivers of a profit and loss statement, and variance analysis across revenue, cost, and expense elements. Ad-hoc analysis and project work will also be a key aspect of the role, serving across field, product, and shared service functions within the organization. Furthermore, the role will be responsible to design, prepare, and present detailed analysis of business issues and recommended solutions to senior management.
- Prepare and coordinate the annual operating budgets process and long-term financial plans.
- Assist Chapters, Product Lines, and Departments with the preparation and review of financial plans, forecasts, and reporting.
- Execute and consolidate quarterly forecasts with business units.
- Analyze and interpret actual monthly, quarterly and annual results compared to approved budgets and provide management with variance analysis, as well as identify risks and opportunities.
- Prepare financial materials and coordinate monthly financial reviews with key stakeholders.
- Develop and review periodic profit forecasts and revisions to annual profit plans.
- Support senior management in the execution of financial transactions, the preparation of materials for board and audit committee meetings.
- Provide financial support and analysis for strategic initiatives facing the organization.
- Collect, compile and analyze fiscal data in order to monitor the financial performance and condition of the Organization.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance.
- 3-5 years of experience forecasting and analyzing revenue, cost and expense in a corporate environment.
- Knowledge of Financial Reporting and Planning Software.
- Knowledge of GAAP reporting
- Operated in a consolidation function with experience partnering with various business units.
- Ability to create and manage revenue, expense, and headcount models across multiple organizations
- Understanding of metrics and margins to drive performance
- Executive communication and reporting exposure
- Strong MS Office Suite (Excel: pivot tables & Vlookups)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Financial statement reporting, budget and forecast creation
- Hyperion/Cognos/Salesforce - similar system experience a plus
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations