Aerojet Rocketdyne seeks an Senior Analyst, Material Program Management- to join our Supply Chain and Material Management (SCMM) organization at our Camden, ARlocation.
The Material Program Management position provides Supply Chain/Materiel Management (SC/MM) representation and leadership in support of Business Unit and Business Development activities. They are responsible for effectively leading the SC/MM functional organization to develop and document strategies, plans, and processes to manage the supply chain for integration into the Program Management plan. They work directly with Program Management and act as the primary customer contact for the Supply Chain portion of program activities. They represent procurement on the program integrated program teams (IPTs) and interface cross functionally in the resolution of material status, problems or issues.
The Material Program Management classifications lead SC/MM and cross functional personnel in the identification and mitigation of SC/MM risks, establishment of milestones, monitoring and adherence to integrated master plans and schedules, and identification and resolution of problems on assigned programs. They administer the supplier base, monitoring supplier quality and delivery performance for early identification of problem areas and develop/coordinate viable solutions.
This current opening may be filled at this level as posted or at one level higher.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
30% - Assemble and lead integrated cross functional team(s) within assigned program(s) while interacting with supplier(s), supply chain director, program managers, functional managers, and customers to achieve subcontract cost, schedule and technical objectives.
30% - Support negotiation of subcontracts and assist in the development of supplier baseline program plans including development of supplier budget and schedule baselines, using the Earned Value Management System (EVMS) where appropriate, consistent with program plans.
20% - Support the Supply Chain portion of development and production proposals, including planning and execution of affordability, supplier quality and other supplier performance improvement initiatives, being submitted to Government and Prime Contractor programs.
10% - Prepare presentations and lead teams in presentations to peers, customers, suppliers and managers.
10% - Lead or mentor less senior personnel in establishing priorities and coordinating program activities.
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline (e.g. Supply Chain, Engineering, Engineering Technology or Manufacturing Technology or directly related field) from an accredited school and six (6) or more years of experience in a supply chain, engineering, product development or manufacturing environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
U.S. Citizenship required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (U.S. Citizenship required). Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
Additional Requirements and Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of supply chain management, lean manufacturing, assembly and ATP processes required.
- Technical knowledge of solid rocket propulsion, explosive and pyrotechnic devices, electromechanical actuators and actuator control systems preferred.
- Ability to use technical knowledge and experience to evaluate plans, processes and results of the supporting team is required.
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivation, strong leadership skills, and interpreting program management, engineering and supplier demands in a continuously changing environment with minimal guidance.
- Solid working knowledge of project management methods within the defense acquisition environment including program planning, integrated master scheduling, budgeting and earned value management.
- Ability to implement product design and development stage gate process (reviews for design, build, and test) is required.
- Willingness to travel and flexibility to work extended hours are required. Must be willing and able to travel regularly to other Aerojet Rocketdyne facilities and suppliers across the country.
- Demonstrated abilities in team building, leadership and delegation skills to achieve project objectives are also required.
- Experience in leading, encouraging, reviewing and critiquing work of supporting team members to maximize program success.
- Must be capable of defining and negotiating task objectives, scope description and completion criteria for specific and broad activities as well. The applicant will be required to coordinate multiple activities simultaneously and to make real-time plan adjustments in response to problems and unexpected interim results.
- Must have working capability in the use of typical office computer programs for conduct of program management such as MS PowerPoint (presentations, logic diagrams), MS Project (basic scheduling), MS Excel (entering formulas, graphing, developing spreadsheets), and MS Word (tables, program plans).
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit or stand and maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 pounds; may require occasional walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.