One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital management companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue exceeding $10.7 billion. In 2019, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2018, ranked #268 on the Fortune 500; and in 2017, listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago, enabling us to provide compassionate care to our patients and their loved ones: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 87,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 350 inpatient acute care hospitals and behavioral health facilities and 30 outpatient and other facilities located in 37 states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. For additional information on the Company, visit our web site: http://www.uhsinc.com.
The Corporate Information Services Department is seeking a dynamic and talented Senior Application Analyst.
The Senior Application Analyst provides advanced support in development activities by utilizing advanced expertise of development language and thorough understanding of the environment and business requirements to ensure they are delivered with quality and on-time. Guides and contributes to the ongoing collection, development, review and adoption of architecture and development standards and best practices. Provides technical support and project direction to UHS entities as needed for production and operational support. Provides support for issue resolution, OAS building and the development and implementation of recommended solutions. May coordinate assignments between team members in order to meet deadlines and ensure continued progress toward assignment completion.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provides advanced design, development, implementation, maintenance, documentation, and support for applications related to Invision Patient Management, Patient Accounting, Medical Records, Cerner Scheduling integration, Experian and HDX by building and making modifications to screens, TCL’s, profiles and documents. Performs peer QA on Foundation application changes. Demonstrates a strong knowledge of and complies with VSAM and Building Standards.
- Supports and implements new and existing integrations with various hospital systems, ensuring optimal system performance in accordance with information systems methods and practices.
- Develops detailed documentation of changes/modifications. Recommends and implements controls and procedures to protect UHS assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure or destruction.
- Analyzes issues to determine the origin of the issue and provide recommended solutions.
- Provides training and guidance to less experienced staff. Shares experiences and expertise to other team members.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with three or more years of progressively more responsible healthcare information systems experience that includes patient registration and patient billing experience.
- Significant knowledge of system application implementation, enhancement and support methods and practices.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of computer systems analysis and programming techniques and procedures, including: consulting with users to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications; design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing, coding, debugging, or modification of computer systems or programs based on and related to user design specifications.
- Excellent knowledge of IS standards and quality methods and metrics.
- Familiarity of user business practices, concepts and terminology sufficient to support the applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Cerner Invision patient management, patient accounting, medical records and Cerner Scheduling integration.
- Basic computer skills: Microsoft Office suite
Travel Requirements: 10 - 30 % domestic US Travel (depending on projects)
This opportunity provides the following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off
*UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.