Foxconn Interconnect Technology is seeking a Senior Applications Engineer at our Austin office.
Work with assigned customer base in designing in FIT Electronics Inc., interconnect products along with managing the commercial aspect of the business within the assigned account base.
The Senior Applications Engineer is accountable for customer satisfaction, relationship management, problem resolution for internal and external customers, including product quality and on-time delivery. In addition, this role will collaborate with engineers and manufacturing for continuous improvement in customer satisfaction and new business sales.
- 2 + years of design engineering experience in a mechanical or electrical engineering role
- 5 + years of business experience in the electronic interconnect industry
- Customer interface and/or sales experience in an OEM assignment is a plus
- Act as the high level technical expert on all sales activities and lead trouble-shooting for assigned products by conducting root cause analysis between customer and ODM, CM, and EMS subcontractors, and internally.
- Provide excellent customer service and support to assigned accounts, maintaining above average satisfaction Provide regular and consistent coverage to the account base through on-site visits
- Identify, define, specify and implement existing or new solutions using the company’s products, programs and services
- Understand customer requirements and develop suitable solutions and work with engineering and manufacturing teams to deliver on-time delivery.
- Create and maintain activity documentation
Qualifications/ Education/Certification preferred:
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in providing technical sales and/or support in connectors, cable assemblies, or similar electro-mechanical assemblies. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and utilize knowledge, experience and judgment to accomplish goals within the framework of a dynamic team oriented environment. In addition, the ideal candidates should possess the following traits and/or skills:
- College B.S or B.A. degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Business Administration
- Strong knowledge in SolidWorks or ProE
- Experience in collaborating with engineering teams to communicate customer requirements and provide sales support
- Experience using innovative strategies to support new business opportunities.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and in technical writing.
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, and think strategically
- Fluent Mandarin language is a plus.
Foxconn Interconnect Technology, Inc. (“FIT”) focuses on the development, manufacturing and marketing of electronic and optoelectronic connectors, antennas, acoustic components, cables and modules for applications in computers, communication equipment, consumer electronics, automobiles, industrial and green energy field products.
We offer our employees competitive compensation and world class benefits. In addition, we recognize the performance of the company, business unit and individual through our incentive and recognition programs.
FIT is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disable
Competitive compensation and world class benefits. In addition, we recognize the performance of the company, business unit and individual through our incentive and recognition programs