Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300 stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Senior Architect, Digital. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
The Senior Architect is senior technologist who oversees architecture & design for all digital properties of Albertsons Inc. Helps drive the technology vision, strategic roadmap for digital. Responsible for making the vision realized by closely partnering with business & technical stakeholders. Senior Architect is responsible for developing Architecture Principles, standards & patterns. This leader closely works with Solutions Architects and other technical leaders in the organization. Mentor and groom other Engineers, technical leads to make them more successful in their jobs.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Lead architecture & design for complex programs spanning multiple teams across the organization.
* Provide technical oversight to the development process including reviewing the technical design and the deployment architecture.
* Identify and introduce new technologies, patterns that can elevate the platform.
* Develop & evangelize the reference architecture & patterns that will be used across the organization.
* Mentor solution architects and technical leads to help build effective engineering practices.
* Be the go-to expert for technical solution to digital development teams.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 10 years of experience OR Master's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 8 years of experience.
* 5 years of experience in software architecture & design.
* Experience with micro-services architecture, design patterns, and standard methodologies with an eye towards scale, automation, resiliency, high availability, and user experience
* Experience in cloud computing application implementations on AWS or Azure or Google Cloud is a required.
* Strong background in creating secure cloud architectures for customer facing applications that are enterprise grade and highly scalable.
* Experience in DevOps culture is a plus.
* Excellent understanding of architectural principles involved in SaaS and multi-tenant platforms.
* Experience and knowledge of streaming technologies, NoSQL databases and cloud platforms are a plus.
* Experience in Kubernetes, Java, Spring, Python some variation of these skills is required.
* Experience in Kafka and Spark is a plus.
* Experience in emerging technologies like Machine Learning, voice, bots and IOT is a plus.
* Good understanding of Web Technologies, UI Frameworks, AEM is a plus.
* Retail experience is a plus.
* Strong leadership, interpersonal, influencing, collaboration and negotiation skills
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled