Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Wood is seeking an experienced Senior Registered Architect with broad technical knowledge of construction methods, design, sustainability, and industry advancements to join our design team in Portland, Maine within our North Atlantic Architectural Engineering Service Line. This is an opportunity to work with our talented staff of Architects and Engineers in one of Wood’s focused growth areas. Our North Atlantic Operations is a multi-disciplinary architecture/engineering/science team of 150+ staff, located in one of the most livable cities in the US. Wood offers the technical challenges of projects located throughout the US and globally within the relaxed environment of a small, vibrant city.
As a Senior Architect, you will be responsible for helping grow our operation into Wood’s premiere architecture service center by providing technical architectural expertise and mentoring, as well as delivering excellence in sustainable and functional architectural designs for facilities across a variety of markets including Federal, State, Industrial, and Commercial.
Recent and ongoing projects include the design of building renovations and new construction for Federal and State office buildings, museums, and visitor facilities; industrial office space, warehouses, and maintenance facilities; architecturally-driven pedestrian bridge designs. and high-security government and radar facilities. We also have several ongoing design standards development projects for Federal agencies.
The ideal candidate will have significant technical expertise with the development of bid sets and will lead multi-disciplinary project teams from concept design through completion of construction. As a leader both internally and externally, you will participate in Wood’s Global Technical Expert Network to collaborate across regions and partner with client account managers to promote Wood’s Building and Facilities Practice.
- Collaborate with project managers, architects, engineers, designers, and sub-consultants to complete design and technical portions of projects on-time and within budget
- Incorporate applicable codes, construction techniques, and sustainability into various projects including all aspects across disciplines
- Supervise the preparation and check the accuracy of contract documents
- Attract, mentor, and coach junior and mid-level staff, developing their careers as seller-doers
- Act as primary contact with Clients
- Collaborate with Wood’s other design centers to grow A/E opportunities and develop new business
- Lead proposal development efforts
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or an Architecture-related field
- Registered Architect
- 15+ years of relevant experience
- Extensive knowledge of building, life safety, and accessibility codes; and feasibility studies, analysis, and space planning
- Strong knowledge of design, industry advancements, construction methodology, and sustainable design practices
- Demonstrated experience in delivering a range of projects from concept through detailed design and construction completion
- Demonstrated capability and interest to work in support of engineering-driven projects as well as architecturally driven projects
- Effective technical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent leadership, collaboration, and team-building skills
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture from an accredited Architectural program and/or master’s degree in an Architecture-related field
- NCARB certificate holder
- Civilian Federal Agency and DoD project experience strongly preferred
- LEED accreditation and/or WELL accreditation
- BIM experience
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood plc sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.
Negotiable based on experience