Are you ready to work for a more active world?
At Bioventus, our business depends on developing our people. We invest in you and challenge you to be the best. We value our colleagues for their different perspectives and individual contributions, and our leaders listen. Our success rests on working together to achieve shared goals and rewards. Join a diverse team of global colleagues driven to help patients resume and enjoy active lives.
Who is Bioventus?
We are the market leader in developing clinically proven and cost-effective orthobiologic solutions for surgical and non-surgical bone healing and osteoarthritis, with products recognized for their safety, innovation and effectiveness.
- $350+ million in annual revenue
- 700 employees worldwide
- Helping 400,000+ people every year
The Bioventus team always puts patients at the forefront, and their needs are the priority in the choices we make and actions we take.
SENIOR AREA MANAGER – SURGICAL (Great Lakes region)
Full-time / FIELD-BASED covering Ohio and Michigan areas.
The Senior Area Manager is primarily responsible for developing existing and new business opportunities while supporting the recruitment, training and management of distributor and hospital accounts within assigned regional area.
Across your region you will be responsible for aproximately 12-18 distribution channels of the surgical product portfolio. Only candidates with experience within the surgical or spine distribution field will be considered for this role.
Ideal candidates have strong interpersonal skills and determination to provide the best possible experience to our customers and coworkers. They strive for excellent performance, driven by the willingness to both teach and learn. They are good team players, dynamic, optimistic, accurate, well-organized, and ambitious about developing as a professional.
What you’ll be doing
- Report to and work pro-actively under guidance from Regional Director (RD) to develop existing and new business opportunities;
- Support RDs in the recruitment, training and management of distributors and hospital accounts to drive sales and meet or exceed established sales goals;
- Provide field support to distributors and new hospital accounts to assist in product approval process;
- Deliver technical information (including clinical data) to clinicians and clinical support team;
- Provide continual education, training and support to distributors and hospital accounts on Surgical product portfolio;
- Coordinate with other Bioventus functions such as Marketing, Operations, Customer Service, Finance and customers to execute on plans and achieve business objectives;
- Maintain awareness of competitor products and activity and provide accurate market intelligence to line manager;
- Provide sales and marketing support at exhibitions & trade shows.
What you’ll bring to the table
- Bachelors degree in Business, Finance or related field; Master’s degree preferred;
- Minimum 8 years Medical Device industry experience;
- 8 years related experience in orthopedics/surgical distribution management;
- Ability to present clinical data;
- Understanding of spine products would be a distinct advantage;
- MUST have experience leading sales distribution or regional sales teams;
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating agreements/contracts;
- Effective negotiator;
- Outstanding customer relationships, interpersonal and communication skills with the established ability to effectively communicate across diverse audiences and influence cross functionally;
- Proactive, highly organized and detail oriented;
- Highly effective presentation, written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to travel as required;
- Effective with Microsoft Office and contract management systems;
- Must possess a professional and friendly attitude;
- Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals;
- Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
What you’ll receive
- The satisfaction of driving real change in the industry and people’s lives
- A diverse global community of people who are driven by a shared purpose to help patients
- A business that acts with integrity in all interactions with co-workers, leaders and customers
- We value others and build success by appreciating differences in thought, opinion, background, skills and perspectives
- An environment of continuous learning and development
- Flat organizational structures which elevate employees’ level of responsibility
- Meaningful opportunities for professional development and mentoring
- Competitive compensation package, including salary as well as bonusand car allowance
- Exciting benefits package, including three weeks’ vacation; medical, dental and vision benefits; Student Debt Program; life insurance; and a 401(k) plan
Are you the top talent we are looking for?
Apply now! Hit the “Apply” button to send us your resume and cover letter.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.