Senior Area Manager - Dallas/Fort Worth, TX - (00011933)
DescriptionPosition Summary: The Senior Area Manager/Supervisor leads two or more Area Managers/Supervisors. The Senior Area Manager/Supervisor directs Area Managers/Supervisors for designated areas to ensure recruiting, budgeting, marketing, and sales goals are achieved throughout his/her restaurants. Maintains ongoing relationships with local media sources for publicity/public relations.
- Exercises high-level of independent discretion and judgment in ensuring that Whataburger standards are upheld throughout assigned Area(s) and restaurants
- Ensures that Area Managers/Supervisors and General Managers are enforcing food safety requirements and government inspections and expectations in order to achieve the highest rating in food safety and to ensure Whataburger standards are upheld.
- Works with Area Managers/Supervisors to develop Area planning overviews, objectives, and summary reports to ensure operational excellence and profitability throughout assigned Areas
- Reports all incidents in accordance with standard incident reporting protocols.
- Effectively and consistently uses reporting tools and Outlook planning tool to manage email and calendar effectively and to capture objectives
- Assists in investigations as necessary
- Role models timely communication in both initiation and response
- Ensures new product training within the areas is implemented correctly and timely
- Works to ensure key messages and information are communicated and questions are answered
- Uses all business tools available to ensure quality operation of Areas and ensures Area Managers/Supervisors are utilizing tools to effectively run area
- Sets period and quarterly stretch goals
- Works with the Area Managers, and General Managers to execute action plans for quarterly area overviews
- Facilitates appropriate working sessions, meetings, and discussions with Area Managers/Supervisors to identify and address issues and share best practices
- Analyzes planning and coverage by area and provides feedback to Area Managers/Supervisors to reinforce proper planning and coverage
- Ensures restaurant visits are planned and purposeful
- Ensures Area Managers address identified issues quickly
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience.
- Associates degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the restaurant industry required.
- Previous experience in a restaurant leadership position preferred.
- Multi-restaurant management experience in a quick-service or full-service chain restaurant organization preferred.
- Demonstrated advanced level of ability to communicate, influence, and negotiate decisions while motivating assigned staff.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of back of house systems, point of sale systems, restaurant operating systems, and the Internet.
- Strong general knowledge of the organization and its functions.
- Strong general knowledge of working practices, procedures, and techniques.
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of budgetary concepts and procedures.
- Intermediate to advanced ability to delegate projects and get work done through others.
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of performance review process.
- Ability to prepare and present ideas and recommendations to colleagues, managers, and direct reports with ample notice and preparation.
- Food Safety Certification (may vary based on city, county, and state requirements).
- Food Handler’s Certification
WORKING CONDITIONS/TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to work the necessary time to satisfactorily fulfill job responsibilities.
- Must be able to report to work timely and as required by operational/business needs.
- Must be able to work a full-time schedule and be able to work all shifts based on operational needs of assigned area.
- Must be able to travel, both locally and long distances (including air travel), to worksites, meeting sites, and other locations.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, submit to releasing a Motor Vehicle Record that adheres to the Whataburger standards, and maintain current automobile liability at minimum levels in their state of residence.
- Working conditions exist to satisfactorily fulfill job responsibilities.
3000 WESTERN CENTER BLVD
3000 WESTERN CENTER BLVD
FORT WORTH 76131-1336