FIND THE FIT FOR YOU AT AVENUE
Avenue, a fashion retailer specializing in plus size women's apparel, is seeking a Senior Art Director.
Our Senior Art Director, in tandem with the Creative Director, is responsible for the visual aesthetic of all creative marketing needs for two brands (Avenue & loralette). Position will oversee the brand direction across all assets of print and digital mediums and ensure the integrity of the brand is always present.
This position reports to our Creative Director, supervises a team of graphic designers and interfaces with the Marketing and Merchandising groups.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs for all aspects of the business including web (home pages, landing pages and banners), emails, texts, print & e-catalogs, direct mail, store signage, on-product design, print advertisements, photo-shoot guides, presentations and other collateral
- Works with the Creative Director to conceptualize campaigns, formats and aesthetics for the overall season as well as specific projects.
- Participates in all aspects of the brand photography, including collaborating with the Creative Director to conceptualize an overall look/theme of the photo shoots, attends initial photo-shoot product handoff meetings, develops shoot guides, provides on-set art direction, film editing and retouching direction.
- Maintains a strong understanding of the fashion industry and keeps abreast of current trends in the retail world by regularly researching other brands.
- Multi-tasks and balances multiple projects at one time. Successful at managing time and individual and team work flow.
- Solves problem and finds multiple design solutions, especially under narrow parameters and/or time restraints.
- Partners with the Creative Director & Marketing Manager to ensure projects are on time, within budget, and meets brand standards.
- Provides art direction and feedback to the Graphic Designers. Distributes work amongst designers and ensures work flow is appropriately managed and deadlines are met. Re-adjusts workloads as necessary.
- Develops & maintains relationships with outside vendors (i.e. printers), assigns projects and ensures all artwork is executed properly.
EXPERIENCE, TALENT and SKILLS:
- BA/BFA in Graphic Design or equivalent
- 8+ years’ experience working within a creative team with a minimum 2 years in a managerial capacity
- Retail / Fashion background required
- Online portfolio required
- Strong, conceptual thinker who possesses a wide range of digital and print design capabilities
- Experience conceptualizing campaigns and able to carry them across various mediums (print, digital, social media, etc.).
- Effectively able to manage a team of designers, providing feedback and managing their daily responsibilities
- Ability to multi task and thrive in a fast pace environment
- Strong organizational skills in order to juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Excellent communication skills with a willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Possess solid presentation, listening and communication skills
- Solid background in digital & print graphics, retail advertising, typography & branding in a fashion environment
- Understanding of best practices and techniques for e-commerce and ability to prepare graphics for multiple platforms (responsive desktop, tablet and mobile views)
- Expertise in the latest version of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Bridge
Qualified candidates, if our opportunity is the right fit for you, please forward your resume to us for immediate consideration.
Avenue Stores, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.