Location: Boise, Idaho or San Jose, California
REQ #: 150044
Micron Technology’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life and our commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism while supporting our global community.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide advice and counsel to Micron’s EHS team members and other business and operations leaders in order to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and policies and to drive performance on EHS efforts
- Partner closely with EHS personal to respond to noncompliance-incidents and events and EHS-related government inquiries and investigations
- Provide legal and strategic counsel for product-based compliance (e.g., REACH, RoHS and WEEE regulations)
- Provide input and support for Micron’s Sustainability program
- Provide EHS advice and counsel for Micron acquisitions and divestitures and assist with EHS-related due diligence, as needed
- Administer, refine, and facilitate EHS legal training programs, processes, and systems
- Assist in litigation matters and represent Micron in enforcement or regulatory matters before governmental agencies
- Engage with regulatory agencies, such as the EPA, OSHA, and similar local and federal regulatory agencies throughout Micron’s global operations
- Monitor and update management and operations teams on changes and developments in EHS laws and regulations and develop forward-thinking strategies to effectively navigate those changes
- Retain and manage outside counsel and outside consultants as needed
- Occasional international travel to Micron’s manufacturing sites
- A Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA accredited law school with admission to practice in at least one jurisdiction in the United States
- 6+ years of legal practice in a top-tier law firm or an in-house legal environment
- A proven track-record of high integrity, ethical conduct, and sound judgment
- Prior experience advising on global manufacturing operations, preferably for a U.S. headquartered company
- The ability to influence a diverse cross-functional group of stakeholders and to drive results across a matrixed organization
- Experience engaging with team members from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Strong written and verbal skills to effectively interface with all levels of business management and with government officials
As the leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that is transforming how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial and Ballistix — we offer the industry’s broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today’s major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint™ memory. Our solutions are purpose built to demonstrate the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelerate scientific breakthroughs and enhance communication around the world.
Employee Rewards Program, Healthcare, Paid time off (Combined Sick and Vacation Time), Retirement savings plans, Paid maternity/paternity leave, Employee Assistance Program, Professional development training, Workplace wellness programs, Micron Health Clinic (Boise only), Fitness Center/Activity rooms (Boise/San Jose only), Tuition Reimbursement, Micron Corporate Discounts, Casual Dress attire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our General Contact Form
Keywords: San Jose || California (US-CA) || United States (US) || SGA || Experienced || Regular || Legal || #LI-BS1 || Tier 5 ||