Senior Associate Architect Job description:
DRL Architects is a growing design firm, located in Mansfield, Massachusetts, specializing in financial institution design and various other commercial projects. The firm is seeking a full time Senior Associate Architect to join the team.
Candidates must have a Bachelor of Architecture degree or a Master of Architecture degree with at least 7 years of relevant work experience.
What you will do
- Be an essential part of a project team working on all phases of a design project from Schematic Design through Construction Administration.
- Participate in all aspects of a design project from design, management, and delivery.
- Responsible for all correspondence, reports, documentation, and general administration for the overall project
- Oversee coordination of interior, MEP, and structural related disciplines during the design phase.
- Evaluate site conditions and constraints for construction projects.
- Participate in job meetings
- Adapting plans according to circumstances and resolving any problems that may arise during construction
- Proficiency in Revit (a must), Photoshop, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office
- Strong design and graphic illustration skills
- Demonstrated experience executing architectural projects from Design through Construction
- Comprehensive knowledge of building codes, standards and best building practices.
- Technical understanding of building science and construction contracts.
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
- Be highly motivated, organized, ability to juggle multiple tasks and able to manage or delegate tasks and priorities to meet project deadlines.
- Flexibility to work both collaboratively and independently on projects of all scales and types
- Transportation required