Reporting to the Audit & Risk Manager, this client-facing position will be responsible for defining, planning, and executing audit project work across University functions. Work as a business partner with University departments in solving complex issues. Direct or lead other staff to ensure successful completion of project work and ongoing professional development. This unique role will provide exposure to a variety of areas in a University setting, including administration, research, academics, operations and IT.
- Defining project scope and budget
- Gathering and analyzing data to draw meaningful conclusions
- Assessing and evaluating internal controls
- Documenting current and future state business process flows
- Performing root cause analyses
- Identifying ways that our department can assist university leaders in achieving strategic objectives
B.A./B.S. in business, accounting or related field. Master's preferred. Exceptional communication and analytical skills, 5+ years of experience in consulting, auditing, business process improvement, or similar role. Strong project management skills; able to multi-task and manage priorities. Professional certification (CPA, CIA, Six Sigma, PMP) is desirable. Experience with research, grant and contract compliance is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.