We are seeking an accomplished Senior Associate Scientist (non-Phd) level oncologist/immunologist to join the In Vivo Pharmacology Group within the Oncology Research Unit (ORU) of Pfizer’s Worldwide Research & Development (WRD) division in La Jolla, California. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team of scientists, playing a leading role in the characterization of models of cancer and evaluating new drug candidates. Participate in pre-clinical drug discovery and development projects with a focus on targeted therapeutics, epigenetics and the tumor microenvironment. Characterize and develop small molecules in close collaboration with partner lines as an integral member of drug discovery teams. Evaluating anti-tumor effects in combination with biologics, employing and developing new cutting-edge in vivo cancer models and providing technical and scientific expertise in in vivo pharmacology to the tumor cell biology department to enable target identification, validation, prioritization and efficient drug discovery of small molecules.
Ideal applicants will have excellent communication and organizational skills, critical problem-solving abilities, and a commitment to excellence.
- Execute and analyze cells within the tumor microenvironment by multi-parameter flow cytometric and RNAseq studies.
- Characterize new in vivo models, including syngeneic tumor and genetically engineered mouse (GEM) models, to study biologic mechanisms and support exploration of novel therapies.
- Conduct in vivo studies to evaluate and establish efficacy, PK/PD relationship, combination strategy, biomarker identification and analysis.
- Interpretation, presentation and documentation of experiments.
- Presentation of results within a multidisciplinary team environment.
- BS/MS in Cancer Biology, Immunology or equivalent experience in a related discipline.
- 1-4 years of laboratory work experience in academia or industry.
- Ability to follow novel scientific or technological developments, and to implement them in the laboratory.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work productively in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and diverse team environment.
- Capability to contribute to a vivid and challenging intellectual environment.
- Experience with in vivo models of human cancers preferred.
- Expertise in multi-parameter flow cytometry analysis of tumor infiltrating immune cells (Fortessa-X20, Cytobank, FlowJo, FACS, MACS) or scRNA sequencing technologies (10X Genomics) preferred.
- In vivo skills (IV, PO dosing), blood/tissue collection is a plus.
- Lifting (up to 20 pounds), sitting, standing, walking, bending, ability to perform mathematical calculations and ability to perform complex data analysis.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: December 17, 2018
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.