Our client is a private equity owned and ISO Registered specialty products sales and marketing company serving customers in North America.
The Company’s customers are in a wide range of attractive end-markets including biotechnology, food/beverage, nutrition, personal care and pharmaceutical.
The current annual revenue projection is over $100 million and the Company has a growth strategy aimed at increasing revenues and profitability.
The Senior Associate will be responsible for the preparation of detailed analysis of the business operating results and delivery of actionable insights to inform business operations.
- Evaluate operating results including sales, gross profit, and operating expenses
- Lead efforts to publish a comprehensive financial forecast on a quarterly basis
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of business processes, such as inventory and price management, to create reporting and analytics to identify areas of focus and/or improvement
- Participate in the finalization of financial results each month including the preparation of journal entries, select account reconciliations, and financial statements
- Collaborate and communicate with a geographically diverse team of outside sales representatives to generate awareness of emerging business trends and developments
- Prepare presentation content and support for discussions with and amongst senior leadership, including quarterly Board of Directors meetings
- Prepare ad hoc analysis to support business decision making related to customer and supply arrangements
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3 plus years of experience analyzing financial data
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Master’s degree a plus
- CPA, CMA, or equivalent certification preferred
- Experience managing large data sets/accessing data warehouses is a must
- Proficiency with advanced functionality in MS Excel (i.e. V-Lookup, PivotTable, Composite ‘if’ statements) and other data visualization tools is necessary
- Open to prior industry experience but prefer experience in mid to large organizations.
- Analytical mindset. An ability to evaluate large datasets to draw supportable and actionable conclusions for the business
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Natural curiosity. Commitment to learning and growth – both personally and within others