You will report to the Genworth Global Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICOFR) Program Management Office (PMO) Director and will serve as a member of the Global ICOFR PMO Leadership team. The Global ICOFR PMO is responsible for coordinating Genworth Management’s system of internal controls over financial reporting in alignment with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOx) and NAIC Model Audit Rule (MAR) requirements. In addition, you will be a member of the broader Genworth Corporate Audit Services (GCAS) department. Travel will be required at roughly 10-20% which includes the potential for some international travel.
- Support the ICOFR PMO Director in the development and communication of annual ICOFR Program required activities
- Organize execution of IT ICOFR risk assessment and timely completion of IT control documentation (process maps, test of design and test of operating effectiveness)
- Critically review IT control documentation and assess against the ICOFR PMO policies and procedures manual for compliance
- Identify and analyze control issues and implications
- Liaise with IT process and control owners to ensure proper control processes and documentation are maintained
- Provide IT process and control owners with feedback to enable them to continue to enhance their control structure and related documentation
- Assist process owners and business controllers in evaluating deficiencies identified through test of design and test of operating effectiveness, internal audit findings, and other sources
- Work with business unit IT leaders and IT control owners to ensure ICOFR-related control issues are addressed with effective solutions in a timely manner
- Maintain knowledge of current and upcoming regulatory requirements which impact ICOFR compliance
- Liaise with external auditor to ensure any issues raised regarding testing approach, documentation or deficiency assessment are addressed on a timely basis.
- Liaise with the Genworth Security Office as necessary to facilitate compliance with relevant regulatory requirements
- Liaise with Internal Audit associates to identify opportunities for ICOFR impacts associated with internal audit findings as well as opportunities for ICOFR testing reliance
- Lead IT control rationalization and optimization initiatives
- Identify and execute improvements to the company wide IT ICOFR approach and methodology
- Coordinate and deliver regular control related training & education programs for IT associates
- Travel up to 20% on an as needed basis with some travel being international
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- 7+ years of information technology experience including experience related to SOX 404 efforts
- 3+ years of Project Management experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage groups of people and influence change in a matrix organization
- Experience auditing public companies in compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and the PCAOB standards
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills and demonstrated ability to clearly and effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge and experience with complex IT systems
- Knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, Model Audit Rule and the PCAOB standards
- Knowledge of the COSO and COBIT frameworks
- CPA, CIA, or CISA certification
- Experience and familiarity with Insurance Industry systems and processes
- Recent ‘Big 4’ or a national public accounting firm experience
- Expert IT auditing skills with experience auditing public companies in compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and the PCAOB standards
- Expert knowledge of the COSO 2013 and COBIT 5.0 frameworks
- Knowledge of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework
- Familiarity with Workiva WDesk software application or other SOX administration software
Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading insurance holding company committed to helping families achieve the dream of home ownership and address the financial challenges of aging through its leadership positions in mortgage insurance and long term care insurance. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, Genworth traces its roots back to 1871.
We know we can’t deliver on our mission unless we deliver for our employees. That’s why we’re committed to creating a work environment that fosters inclusion, camaraderie, rewarding work, community involvement, and a focus on our employees’ well-being. We know each employee contributes in their own unique way and we’re dedicated to supporting every one of them to help them reach their full potential.