Westlake Chemical offers you the potential to enrich your work life and career experience in an entrepreneurial environment. We work together to enhance peoples' lives through our products and presence in the communities in which we operate.
The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for performing individual internal audit projects, including developing internal audit scope, performing audit procedures, and documenting the results of the work performed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze financial, and IT processes and related business and IT controls.
- Identify key business risks and develop a risk-based audit plan.
- Evaluate governance processes and structures that monitor the activities of the company.
- Evaluate actions taken by management to manage risk.
- Validate the effectiveness of business process, IT General controls, and Automated Controls, Significant Reports and performance measures.
- Make recommendations to improve the performance and efficiency of internal controls in financial and IT processes. Document audit tests and findings clearly.
- Apply key information systems control concepts and identify key information technology risks and controls.
- Communicate findings to Internal Audit Manager, the Chief Audit Executive, and business unit management.
- Monitor the implementation of audit recommendations.
- Perform data analytics supporting Internal Audit projects and initiatives.
The Senior Auditor may direct and review the work performed by other internal audit staff.
- Knowledge of internal audit professional standards, COSO and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to evaluate business and IT processes. Ability to analyze and evaluate data, synthesize issues and develop solutions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, including the ability to conduct effective interviews.
- Ability to work with limited direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal audit project team members.
- Work as part of a team with audit management for more complex assignments.
- Ability to performing Data Analytics using IDEA, ACL, or other technologies.
- Strong analytical skills and sound judgment required.
- SAP and JDE experience are a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or IT required.
- Minimum 3 years experience in internal audit, public accounting, consulting, finance or combination.
- Professional certification (CIA, CPA, CISA, CFE, or equivalent) or demonstrated progress is required.
- Chemicals, petrochemicals, oil & gas or manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
Westlake Chemical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristics protected by applicable legislation.
If you are an active Westlake Chemical employee (or an employee of any Westlake Chemical affiliates), please do not apply here. Please go to your Workday homepage and click on the "Careers" worklet and view "Westlake Career Opportunities".