Hilltop Holdings is currently seeking a Senior Auditor that will be responsible for executing all phases of the audit engagement including planning, fieldwork and reporting for operational audits at PrimeLending and PlainsCapital Bank.
The purpose of Hilltop Holdings Inc.’s internal audit department is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve Hilltop Holdings Inc.’s operations. The mission of internal audit is to enhance and protect organizational value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice, and insight. This is accomplished by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of governance, risk management, and control processes.
- Perform all phases of assigned audit engagement including planning, fieldwork and reporting in accordance with the HTH Internal Audit Policies and Procedures.
- Obtain and analyze audit evidence as a basis for an informed, objective, and independent opinion on the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of the overall control and compliance system being reviewed.
- Discuss draft issue observations with all key stakeholders and evaluate the appropriateness of the management action plan prior to finalizing the audit report.
- Preparation, communication and distribution of the audit report to management and senior executives.
- Monitor and review issue validation testing to ensure timely management follow up to findings.
- Works with and assists external auditors or regulators as requested to expedite their exams and audits.
- Assures the adequacy and effectiveness of controls and compliance efforts in specialized environments such as BSA/AML, Wealth Management Trust and NACHA.
- Reviews compliance with regulatory requirements as applicable.
- Actively seeks and maintains professional certifications (see below).
- Willingness to travel 15% to 20%.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or related field required. Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- 3 or more years of previous experience in public accounting or internal audit. IT audit experience or knowledge a plus. Financial Services industry experience a plus.
- Certification required within 24 months of hire (any one or a combination): Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Financial Services Auditor, Chartered/Certified Bank Auditor, Certified Fiduciary Risk Specialist.
- Must demonstrate Continuing Professional Education supporting commitment to upholding any and all certifications listed above
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent PC skills, including word processing and spreadsheets, with adaptability to specialized programs for risk management and others in use by HTH Internal Audit
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management, organizational and problem-solving skills
About the Company
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Hilltop Holdings offers a diverse range of financial services through its four primary subsidiaries, PlainsCapital Bank, PrimeLending, HilltopSecurities, and National Lloyds Corporation. PlainsCapital Bank is a leading commercial bank with locations throughout Texas. PrimeLending is a national mortgage provider focused on purchase mortgage originations. HilltopSecurities provides financial advisory, clearing, retail brokerage, and other investment banking services. National Lloyds Corporation is a niche property and casualty underwriter focused on homeowners insurance for low value dwellings. Hilltop Holdings seeks to build the premier Texas-based diversified financial services holding company through acquisitions and organic growth. To learn more, please visit www.hilltop-holdings.com.