- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree applicable and related field
- Primary focus of role is on day-to-day execution of assigned areas of audit responsibilities and demonstrates the ability to take on additional responsibilities.
- Maintains current on industry developments affected areas of assigned responsibilities.
- Demonstrable strengths in one or more of the following: Bank Audit Activities Banking laws and regulations; region and branch banking operations; asset and liability management; treasury (including derivatives); lending (including evaluation of loan loss reserve, syndication desk, and other real estate owned); expenditures; deposits; PC and telephone banking (including FCC requirements); related systems; etc.
- Credit and Counterparty Activities Commercial and industrial lending; commercial real estate; trade finance; consumer lending; financial statement analysis; loan underwriting and structure; valuation; highly-leverage transactions; accounting standards; Uniform Commercial Code; capital markets and other non-traditional credit areas including off-balance sheet credit risk; etc.
- Enterprise Risk Management Activities Enterprise Risk Management practices for large, complex banking organizations (LCBOs); capital management and planning; stress testing; model risk governance and management; operational risk; financial reporting (including FDIC and state call reporting requirements, GAAP, and SEC requirements); budgeting; cost accounting (including transfer pricing and cost allocation); incentive programs; etc.
- IT Audit Activities Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) requirements; application development and maintenance; computer operations; technical services; communications; information security (including system access control software, firewalls and encryption); end user computing (including Internet, local and wide area networks, client server technology, and PCs); contingency planning; operating systems (including associated program products); database structures and access methods; system analysis and design; programming and data extract languages and techniques; etc.
- Trust Audit Activities Common law and trust regulations; account administration (including ERISA requirements); operations; investment management; mutual funds (including SEC requirements); real estate; trust tax; financial reporting (including FDIC and state call reporting requirements, GAAP, and SEC requirements); related systems; etc.
- Technology Support Responsible for providing development and technical support on the key applications for the Inspection Group as well as acting as the primary technology liaison for the Inspection Group with the Bank and BNPP Inspection Generale (IG). The successful candidate will have a solid VBA development background, strong understanding of the Bank’s technical infrastructure, and a desire and aptitude to learn and deploy new technologies; etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.