Senior SHE Auditor- (Loveland, Colorado, U.S.A. or Calgary, Alberta, or Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Reports to the Director Audit, SH&E.
What you will do:
- Drive Nutrien performance improvement and SIF reduction in the areas of Safety, Health and Environment (SH&E)
- Development and implementation of Organization wide audit strategies, programs and processes in accordance with Nutrien’s SH&E management systems and regulatory requirements
- Facilitate improvement and contribute to management business decisions by providing insight on the SH&E programs and performance both from a regulatory and risk-based auditing perspective
- Support creation and execution of SH&E Audit Program business plans and budgets to support achievement of SIF reduction and broader business goals
- Participate in positioning Nutrien as an industry leader by championing innovative audit programs, audit processes and services that are customer solutions based
- Benchmark, design and implement best practices for the Nutrien’s audit program
- Generate and/or help champion new ideas, services, processes and practices related to the Nutrien auditing program
- Support performance expectations for the SH&E Audit group across Nutrien and business-based professionals and is accountable for work product results
- Use data analysis and risk assessment tools, ability to utilize data analysis and risk assessment processes for audit planning
- Interact regularly with management up to senior managerial level and/or Nutrien’s general employee population to secure cooperation required to achieve strategic function/site audit objectives
- Participate and visit various facilities for audits, meetings and to demonstrate support for initiatives related to performance improvement
- Plan, budget and execute annual audit plan across all BU’s with initial emphasis on the Nutrien Ag Solutions BU
- Manage effective implementation and closure of audit findings and recommendations as well as provide supportive solutions to leadership
- Manage and lead a team of auditors to ensure effective use of resources to foster a high impact to the organization
- Proficient in computer applications including, but not limited to Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PPT and associated Apps) and ETQ
- Execute special projects
- Extensive travel for audits, meetings and trainings required
What you will bring:
- Undergraduate Degree in safety, environmental, or a related field with consideration given to continuous SH&E developmental education leading to a credential, such as CSP or CRSP
- 10+ years’ experience with increasing responsibilities in safety and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or Retail operations
- Professional Auditor Certifications (or equivalent) or a commitment to achieve a certification
- Management level knowledge of audit program management
- Management level leadership skills
- Advanced professional/technical expertise in the development and management of Audit, SH&E, PSM and Operational Integrity programs, processes and/or services preferred
- Experience in coaching, mentoring and influencing a diverse professional level group
- Experience across several geographies, within a multinational / global company
- Experience leading change in multiple site environments
- Experience in the Ag Retail industry an asset
- Ability to manage multiple direct reports
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with site, business and corporate employees
- Approaches audits and problem solving with a collaborative approach and integrity
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran