Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
**PLEASE NOTE** This position will be worked 100% remotely from a home-office located anywhere in the USA.
The American Red Cross is in search of a business savvy, excellent communicator for their Senior Internal Auditor role. The Senior Auditor will execute components of large audits and leads smaller audits of diverse lines of service and corporate functions. Work as part of engagement team and coordinates with team members, outside service providers and external auditors. Assess operations and the control environment to identify areas for improvement. Evaluate the significance of audit findings and make practical recommendations to senior management. Communicate the results of audit projects in written reports and oral presentations. Research and develop better approaches to improve Internal Audit’s effectiveness. Provide thought leadership to educate process owners on best practice, the importance of an effective control environment and the role of Internal Audit.Responsibilities:
- Performs major components of assurance, advisory, and project engagements of diverse, moderately complex business processes and system implementations.
- Assesses control design of moderate-risk business processes and operations.
- Executes internal control testing of moderately complex operations, including identifying control issues and collecting and analyzing audit evidence.
- Understands in the broader context and implications of events affecting high-risk, diverse business processes and system implementations and identifies changes to those risk environments.
- Effectively communicates and manages relationships among audit and operational staff.
- Seeks specialized knowledge and skills to offer insight on risk management and control issues.
- Executes work assignments.
- Demonstrates flexibility and agility during engagements, adapting to changes with a moderate level of supervision.
Knowledge and Skills:Possesses some experience in the following knowledge areas and skills and proactively seeks assistance through peers, coaching, and other resources and reference material to perform roles and responsibilities:
- Business Acumen: Demonstrates awareness of industry, strategic, organizational, and regulatory compliance risks and applies them to engagements and organizational projects.
- Risk Identification and Assessment: Applies risk concepts to identify risk events to business objectives, identifies business improvements and opportunities, and effectively analyzes cause-and-effect of relationships.
- Project Management: Manages the completion of engagements within agreed upon timeframes while maintaining expected quality standards across each stage of the engagement lifecycle.
- Communication: Expresses clearly ideas, thoughts, and concepts in oral and written communications by structuring information in an organized manner to meet the needs of the intended audience.
- Relationship Management: Projects credibility by providing clear direction, motivation, empowerment, and/or opportunity to others and develops solutions to resolve conflicts, to gain clear agreement of own ideas and those of others, and to sustain working relationships.
- Audit and Control Knowledge: Applies COSO/COBIT frameworks, department methodologies, governance frameworks, data management techniques, general IT controls, and fraud prevention and detection controls to engagements.
- Minimum of five or more years of experience in auditing, accounting, information systems and/or other related fields.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Certified or progress towards a professional certification or license, such as CIA, CPA, or CISA.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and audit management and data analysis software.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights