At COUNTRY Financial, our Senior Auto Service Appraiser inspects damaged vehicles and prepares itemized damage appraisals outlining cost of parts, materials, and labor necessary to restore vehicles to their pre-damage condition. Determines if damages are sufficient to declare the vehicle a total loss.
This position covers the Kansas City, KS and MO metro area.
- Communicates with vehicle owners to promptly schedule physical inspections of damaged vehicle.
- Completes physical inspections of damaged property, when necessary, evaluates damages and prepares written estimates in accordance with applicable policy coverage. Audits/reviews body shop and independent appraiser estimates, supplements and subrogation documentation relative to claims guidelines and procedures.
- Communicates all information obtained to involved parties, negotiates and settles claims within prescribed authority. Maintains professional working relationships with body shops, vendors and internal customers.
- Proficient in writing auto estimates in CCC.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Self starter - able to work remotely with limited supervision.
- Body shop &/or insurance experience
- Typically requires:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of property/casualty claims experience, OR
- Master’s degree and at least 3 years of property/casualty claims experience, OR
- At least 7 years of property/casualty claims experience.
- Normal office environment.
- Work may extend beyond normal business hours as business needs dictate.
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers.
COUNTRY Financial does not generally sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.