Senior Backend Software Engineer (Elixir)
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer working with the Weedmaps team, you will be empowered to contribute to our products in meaningful ways. We cover an array of users from growers to dispensaries to consumers and we constantly strive to improve the experience for each of those segments using cutting edge design and implementation practices. As a major player in this emerging industry, we have an opportunity to help define the market landscape and we invite you to help in that effort.
The impact you'll make:
- Take ownership of significant features and drive them from development to production
- Collaborate closely with Design, QA, Product and fellow developers
- Cultivate a sense of customer empathy to continue building an exceptional product
What you've accomplished:
- Professional experience coding in Elixir in a production environment
- Experience building APIs
- Professional experience developing large, scalable backend applications
- Experience with SQL databases such as MySQL, Postgres or SQL Server
- Effective communication skills, a positive attitude, and ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Love taking on the challenge of learning new technologies
- Self-starter attitude with a disciplined work ethic
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree / work experience
- Minimum of 5 years software development experience at startup / mid-sized companies
- Experience with Erlang
- Experience in another function programming language
- Experience with frontend frameworks such as React, Angular, and Meteor
- Fully covered Medical, Dental, and Vision for employee AND dependents
- Matching 401k, 50% match up to 6% of employee contribution
- 3 weeks accrued PTO and 5 immediate sick days
- Accident Insurance
- Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment)
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Catered lunch provided 5 days a week
- All the equipment that you need to get your work done
- Fridge is always stocked with energy drinks and other snacks
- Casual work environment, read no suit and tie required , but you are free to dress to the nines
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visitwww. dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Founded in 2008, Weedmaps is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Our suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. In addition, our platform provides consumers with information regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms, including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product discovery and allowing consumers to educate themselves on cannabis and its history, uses and legal status. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Weedmaps employs more than 400 professionals around the world, with offices including Barcelona, Berlin, Boston, Denver, New York, Phoenix and Toronto.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps team!