Do you want to use your skills and talent to make a meaningful impact on people's lives? Do you want exposure to cutting-edge technologies? Come join our team in the heart of downtown Chicago building technology-based healthcare solutions that impact hundreds of thousands of people every day.
Wolters Kluwer Health's Clinical Effectiveness (CE) organization is a fast-growing and innovation-driven healthcare information technology (HIT) provider working on the front lines of clinical care. Our flagship products include UpToDate, Lexicomp, Medi-Span and Emmi Solutions. Our talented team of physician editors, pharmacists, technologists, and product visionaries collaborate to provide solutions that measurably improve clinical effectiveness by helping healthcare professionals provide optimal care for their patients.
CE is looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer to build BI solutions that support research, analysis and reporting for both internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate is an expert at building BI data solutions, is familiar and excited about cloud-based BI, is a strong problem solver, and consistently delivers on commitments.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
* Work with Product Management, Research and other stakeholders to analyze reporting needs and define and implement appropriate data warehouse solutions
* Building BI solutions that provide a view across CE products for clients and internal stakeholders
* Follow best practices of dimensional modelling
* Work as part of an agile team, providing transparency and predictability for projects and timelines
* Collaborate with clients and vendors to follow best practices for ETL implementations
* Collaborate with the operations team to bring BI systems into the continuous deployment cycle in all environments
Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
* Bachelor's in Information Technology or Computer Science preferred or equivalent field.
* 5 years of database experience with at least 3 years specializing in designing and building DW/BI analysis and reporting systems
* Experience with BI in the cloud technologies such as Azure, AWS
* Experience with the Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
* Knowledge of best practices for and experience in building data lakes, data warehouses and data marts
* Proven record of effectively documenting work
* Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, security issues
* Experience with multiple database systems such as SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, Couchbase a plus
* Experience with multiple BI/Data Visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Pentaho, BusinessObjects, Qlik a plus.
* Work experience in a regulated industry a plus
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
* Passion for data and databases
* Strong problem-solving abilities, and organization skills
* Ability to communicate and work with others and build consensus
* Knowledge and interest in BI trends with the ability to rapidly learn and apply new technology
* Ability to dynamically adjust the plan, to resolve impediments as well as to meet changing business needs
* Must embody a strong sense of responsibility for the timely completion of commitments
Travel requirements: 5-10%
Physical Demands: Normal office environment.
ABOUT WOLTERS KLUWER
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2017 annual revenues of €4.4 billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. Wolters Kluwer has a sponsored Level 1 American Depositary Receipt program. The ADRs are traded on the over-the-counter market in the U.S. (WTKWY). For more information about our solutions and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO)
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions, customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For any assistance with your application for this job opening, please call the HR Source at (888) 495-4772 or email HRSource@WoltersKluwer.com. TTY is also available at 888 (4985) 4771.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities and requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled