- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 4 years of experience with big data/Hadoop distribution and ecosystem tools, such as Hive, HBase, Spark, Kafka, NiFi and Oozie
- 4 years of experience developing batch and streaming ETL processes
- 4 years of experience working with relational and NoSQL databases, including modeling and writing complex queries
- Master’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with programming languages, such as Python, Java or C#
- Experience with Linux system administration, Linux scripting and basic network skills
- Experience coding against and developing REST APIs
The Senior Big Data Engineer is responsible for engaging in the design, development and maintenance of the big data platform and solutions. This includes analytical solutions that provide visibility and decision support using big data technologies.
The role involves administering a Hadoop cluster, developing data integration solutions, and working with data scientists, system administrators and data architects to ensure the platform meets business demands.
- Develop ETL processes from various data repositories and APIs across the enterprise, ensuring data quality and process efficiency
- Develop data processing scripts using Spark
- Develop relational and NoSQL data models to help conform data to meet users’ needs using Hive and HBase
- Integrate platform into the existing enterprise data warehouse and various operational systems
- Develop administration processes to monitor cluster performance, resource usage, backup and mirroring to ensure a highly available platform
- Address performance and scalability issues in a large-scale data lake environment
Who We Are
Rocket Homes Real Estate LLC is a Detroit-based, tech-driven company with a passion for simplifying real estate. Our mission is to create a seamless home buying and selling experience by combining the process of searching for homes, connecting with a trusted real estate agent and getting a mortgage. Since 2006, we’ve partnered with our sister company, Rocket Mortgage® by Quicken Loans, and our nationwide network of top-rated real estate agents to help over 500,000 clients with their real estate needs.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.