Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Senior Biomedical Data Analyst I is responsible for ensuring the accurate, complete, and timely collection, delivery, and tracking of data from Research, Commercial, and Manufacturing laboratories for analysis, reporting, and presentation. This person is also responsible for supporting a collaborative environment that promotes positive teamwork where all members are working for the good of Exact Sciences. The successful candidate will demonstrate outstanding analytical thinking, collaboration, and communication.
The ideal candidate will have a wide range of experience in multiple areas of expertise including Bioinformatics pipeline development & analysis, Data Engineering, Computer Programming, Database Management, and Linux DevOps. The candidate should be self-motivated, organized, and be able to manage their own projects with minimal supervision.
In addition, this position will share responsibility for
- Supporting Bioinformatics (RNA-Seq, BS-Seq) software development activities.
- Using Python / R / SAS to provide custom data engineering solutions ,upon request.
- Support the development of web server application infrastructure as needed by the group.
- Assist with managing databases used by the BSDE group.
- Managing Tableau dashboards for data visualization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform accurate, complete, and timely collection, validation, and tracking of research, commercial, and manufacturing data.
- Construct datasets and visualizations for reporting.
- Maintain accurate documentation of programs and procedures.
- Develop programs for collection, extraction, analysis, presentation, or tracking of data.
- Assist with management of MSSQL database(s), develop / maintain data warehouse(s).
- Assist with server application infrastructure maintenance (Nginx / Gunicorn / Docker / etc.).
- Support Bioinformatics Research and Software Development activities.
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers, and customers, as needed.
- Ability to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Considerable periods of time may be spent concentrating and or analyzing data.
- Considerable periods of time may be spent communicating verbally and in various written forms including presentation material and email with other people.
- Ability and means to travel between Redwood City locations.
- Ability to travel 5% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Computer Science, Scientific, or related field.
- 5+ years of overall work experience.
- 3+ years of experience with SQL / MSSQL database management.
- 3+ years of experience with statistical/scientific programming (R, Python, S, SAS ,or MatLab).
- 2+ years of experience using and developing Bioinformatic tools for NGS analysis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office to include Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- M.S. degree.
- Experience with web application development (Django / JQuery).
- Experience with source control (Git / TFS ).
- Experience with AWS cloud computing.
- Experience with molecular biology and Bioinformatics.
- Experience working with commercial LIMS system backends.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.