By clicking "Send," you acknowledge that you have read and agree to our Terms
The Role Reporting to the Branch Manager, as Senior Branch Representative, you will be responsible for assisting members who come into the branches and for providing a full range of services from opening new accounts to solving service or account issues to processing loans. Additionally, you will help meet branch sales goals by referring to UNIFY financial products and services, and through member outreach. While foot traffic creates most of the business, you will contact members through via phone and email to educate them about our products and services. Other responsibilities could include member service support, compliance, audits and more. In everything you do, you will demonstrate a strong commitment to service.
These are small but important branches where you'll do a good deal of your work independently. At the Tech Center, you will work with the Branch Manager to support the Center's employees. At the other branch, you will work independently.
Specifically, as the Senior Branch Representative, you will:
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
- Open new accounts, certificates, and IRA's
- Assist members with service issues and account maintenance
- Input, processing, and funding of Consumer loans
- Input and process real estate loans
- Provide all teller services, which include accepting deposits, payments and withdrawals
- Manage difficult situations with customers and provide them with a resolution, information or additional options
- Provide superior customer service on every interaction
- Work directly with members to build relationships, uncover and satisfy their needs through the referring of financial products and services
- Ensure the audit/compliance procedures of the branch are followed
Pictured: UNIFY offers free webinars throughout the year on all things financial—from money basics to tax strategies and more. Additionally, we partner with Experian to bring members Clue In on Credit – free credit education and online webinars.
The Requirements To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Senior Branch Representative opportunity, you will have:
In addition, you will need the following core competencies and characteristics:
- 3+ years of progressive experience in a financial institution, working as a Personal Banker / New Accounts Representative or similar role
- Proven success in talking to consumers about financial accounts, products, and/or services
- Strong customer service skills; the ideal candidates will have experience in opening/closing/maintaining accounts, ATM/Debit Card processing, performing account maintenance and wire transfers, etc.
- The ability to acquire and maintain knowledge of consumer and real estate loan products, services, policies, and procedures; previous loan processing experience is preferred; experience with automobile and/or unsecured loans is a plus
- Cash-handling experience is required and knowledge of teller functions is preferred
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to obtain and maintain MLO certification through the NMLS
- Bilingual English / Spanish is a plus
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to travel between branches and overnight for 3 weeks of training. UNIFY will cover your travel expenses such as transportation, hotel, meals, etc. You will be home on weekends
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- The ability to manage a high volume of customer transactions and interactions
- A strong, customer-centric, member-service approach; experience building customer contacts and ongoing customer relationships
- Solid probing, analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills to effectively uncover and resolve complex issues
- Ability to quickly and independently interpret and apply regulations, policies, and directives
- An enthusiastic, proactive and professional attitude; the drive to go above and beyond
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills