We are looking for a seasoned marketer, who has a passion for systematically building great brands. This role will contribute to visioning the future of the Harry’s brand through identifying sources of growth to build a stronger emotional connection with consumers, and shepherding the accompanying projects to meet those plans. We’re looking for someone who thrives when thinking about brands, strategy, storytelling, real people—and how to tap into these levers to create a successful business. In this role, you will be setting the vision for our product categories, conceiving of new ideas to drive our brand forward, and bringing those ideas to life as part of a collaborative cross-functional team of marketers, designers, and scientists. You will live and breathe our brand, and help translate it so ultimately consumers know us, join us, stay loyal to us, and advocate for us.
Who we’re looking for:
- You love nothing more than pulling together lots of different data points and insights to outline a clear way forward for a brand
- You thrive when thinking conceptually and then tying insights and recommendations to tactics
- You are passionate about systematically propelling a brand forward
- You believe that resonant and relevant brands can drive business growth
- You pride yourself in your creativity and expansive thinking
- You find pleasure in systems, frames, and logic that make the complex easy to navigate and understand
- You love thinking about what’s best for real world people—but similarly what can propel a brand and a business forward
- You are a feeler, and can be the emotional balance to others within the organization
- You nerd-out on all things brand related
- You are a self-starter who takes initiative to explore
- You naturally prioritize and synthesize complex inputs
- You love when brands do great things in the world
- You major, above all, in empathy
Here is what you will do:
- Be the true owner of ~2 product categories, driving the work that must be done to establish Harry’s in those categories and rallying the Harry’s organization behind a shared vision
- Lead cross-functional projects, shepherding projects from conception to launch in close partnership with R\u0026amp;amp;D, supply chain, and sales channel partners
- Partner with Project Management team to ensure on-time and successful launch across all channels
- Prepare Harry’s for launches, educating the commercial teams and executive leadership on what it takes to win
- Maintain a consistent and robust understanding of the brands and businesses vying for our target audience’s mindshare, and keep tabs on the cultural and product trends that are changing behaviors
- Analyze opportunities and threats we may encounter and have a POV on what we must do to lead
- Share your knowledge with the cross-functional team and executive leadership
- Define clear category strategies \u0026amp;amp; product launch roadmaps—evolving our meaning in categories where we play today and staking claim in where we could play in the future
- Uncover consumer insights in collaboration with our Insights team to drive category-level positioning and product suites that Harry’s can get known for
- Assess new category opportunities by leveraging syndicated POS data (i.e, Nielsen)
- Partner with US \u0026amp;amp; UK Brand teams to understand their markets and create strategies that ensures global consistency while flexing for their unique needs
- Create product concepts that resonate with consumers and drive differentiation and leadership
- Build strong business cases—forecast volumes, determine pricing, and build the P\u0026amp;amp;L to ensure opportunities meet financial objectives
- Develop resonant \u0026amp;amp; clear evergreen communications to activate product concept consistently across channels and marketing tactics
- Brief Design \u0026amp;amp; Creative teams on insights, positioning, and communication hierarchy to create packaging that brings Harry’s distinct POV to life at shelf
- Develop a set of claims/messages necessary for activating our product positioning, and work with R\u0026amp;amp;D to ensure substantiation
- Partner with retail \u0026amp;amp; DTC teams on sell-in strategy to secure placement consistent with Harry’s business objectives
- Represent what’s best for the brand across conversations with competing needs (be it within marketing, or across functional groups internally)
- Keep brand consistency top of mind so we are our best selves in the eyes of consumers
- Fight for greatness
Technical Skills Needed:
You come equipped with the skills and knowledge that we would expect within a well-rounded brand marketer:
- Marketing concepts: knowledge of and ability to apply basic marketing concepts (e.g. brand positioning, brand architecture, competitive assessment, marketing strategies, segmentation).
- Brand marketing strategy: knowledge of information used to define brand strategic corridors and develop appropriate business solutions.
- Ideation \u0026amp;amp; concept writing: ability to evaluate creative concepts and executions based on creativity, strategic alignment and consumer impact.
- Marketing research application: ability to leverage research results into actionable marketing and business building initiatives.
- Brand equity: knowledge of procedures used to drive increases in volume and brand equity.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 6+ years of experience in brand strategy and/or innovation, with experience in the consumer packaged goods industry
- Deep consumer understanding
- A gift at thinking deeply, widely, and creatively
- Comfort with ambiguity and nimbleness on your feet
- Experience with syndicated retail sales data (e.g., Nielsen or IRI)
- A talent at writing and creating compelling and emotionally rich narratives
- Familiarity with consumer products \u0026amp;amp; digital products
- Excellent communication skills that resonate with people in the real world
- A Bachelors or other applicable advanced degree
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.