The CFO Chief Operating Officer team assists with managing strategic initiatives for the Finance organization. This Business Analyst/Senior Business Analyst role within the CFO COO group also provides an opportunity to do work within the larger context of the bank and its priorities. Work is done across key stakeholders and leadership within the Finance organizations, as well as multiple Lines of Business such as Global Technology and Risk.
The successful candidate will help drive deliverables to enable senior business leaders to make decisions on process, organizational, technology related initiatives. For example, one current key area of focus is on the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) group’s technology spend. Key objectives include development of a strategic approach to analyze and drive Bank of America’s technology application landscape, while managing operating costs. Daily tasks involve collaboration with key business and technology partners to help define strategic direction, manage overall portfolio health, and analyze implications of future projects on existing investment and spending commitments. In addition, the successful candidate is expected to streamline existing processes, and leverage emerging technologies and productivity tools to drive efficiencies in the planning process.
This role offers a unique Enterprise experience:
- Requires effective liaison across business lines and at multiple levels of the organization to drive decision-making.
- In addition, varied strategic project work provides exposure to different parts of CFO. Strategic projects require distilling large amounts of data into actionable insights using quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Working on multiple high priority projects at once demands ability to multi-task, excellent attention to detail, and ability to navigate a complex corporate environment.
- Successful candidates in this role challenge the status quo, and are change catalysts by implementing process improvement and leveraging emerging technology
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 2+ years of experience as a Senior Financial Analyst or similar experience
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Organized, results-driven, and able to work on multiples tasks with limited supervision
- Enjoys working in a fast paced environment with rapidly changing demands and priorities; willingness to take on new initiatives
- Effective communication skills, presentation skills, relationship/business partnering
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills, and an ability to lead/facilitate discussions across various levels of stakeholders/support partners
- Advanced PowerPoint, Excel, and an interest in new technologies
Desired Skills and Experience:
- CFO Business Acumen a plus: Understand the CFO organization and its processes, and build knowledge about each of its areas
- Familiarity with productivity tools such as Alteryx, Workiva, Tableau, and FactSet a plus
This role can be filled as a Business Support Manager II or Business Support Manager based on skills and experience.
Posting Date: 07/16/2019
New York, NY, BANK OF AMERICA TOWER AT ONE BRYANT PARK, 115 W 42nd St,
Charlotte, NC, BANK OF AMERICA CORPORATE CENTER, 100 N TRYON ST,
- United States
Travel: Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift