We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilities
A Senior Business Analyst is a member of a focused product team that performs business analysis tasks using techniques that enable a highly iterative delivery approach of continuous requirements identification and just-in-time definition of requirements.
The Sr. Business Analyst will be working with motivated teams on highly visible and valuable products in the Digital Technology space of Customer Solutions & Recovery IT and will work across operations and commercials. This position requires excellent communication, analytical, training and team building skills with outstanding analytical skills in order to collaborate with business users, technology teams and leadership in an Agile environment.
· Translates high level requirements into detailed level requirements (user stories) to be consumed by the development teams in each sprint, while ensuring stories and features are added iteratively to the product to add overall value
· Works closely with the product owner to lay out the long term strategic direction of the product and accordingly identifies the detailed roadmap to get to the long term vision.
· Identifiesnew innovative solutions to optimize business processes, reduce costs, and/or enhance the customer experience
o Works with the business to gather and document scope and requirements for technology initiatives
o Performs as-is and to-be process mapping and gap analysis, requirements definition, system demos, IT testing, oversight of user testing, and end user training
· Facilitates process definition and system requirements collection with business and IT stakeholders Serves as liaison between technical teams and business resources to translate business requirements to technical specifications; provides clarification and additional details as needed to development and infrastructure teams for design and development efforts
· Work across various teams within the Airport Operations area to achieve product and project objectives.
· Has extensive experience in the Irregular Operations aspect of Airport Operations
· Previous experience in critical airline applications like SHARES, Gate agent systems and lobby systems is a must.
· Work closely with Testing and Release management to facilitate smooth launch of our products
· Facilitates agile rituals such as inception, iteration and story kickoff, estimation sessions, and help to keep team up-to-date with changes in priorities and to be available to answer questions quickly
· Analyzes data to ensure features are aligned with product goals/objectives and delivering the most business value
· Works with Dev and QA to understand the boundaries of any given story
· Contributes to overall definition of strategy and scope, including working with business stakeholders to understand ‘why’ we are working on something before development begins
· Previous experience working in the frontline and understanding of various customer compensation policies
· Previous experience in managing other Business Analysts is a great plus.
· Hands on experience in testing various airport operations systems and having end to end visibility of data flow is strongly desired.
· Manages and mentors other BAs in the organization in order to build skills and ensure standards are followed across the various teams.
· Ability to lead process flow design sessions across various teams in the organization.
1. Strong analytical, problem solving, and technical skills
2. Strategic thinker with the ability to recognize, analyze, and recommend solutions to system, analytical and interpersonal problems throughout the SDLC
3. Strong planning, organizing, and coordinating skills
4. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical individuals
5. Solid facilitation skills with business and technical participants
6. Strong time management skills
7. Ability to easily adapt to a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
8. Effective public speaking and meeting facilitation skills
· Ability to understand, communicate and engage effectively with multiple stakeholders and interactions
· Strong problem-solving, listening, written and verbal communication, and decision-making skills
· Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
· Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
· Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
· 1 year Agile/Scrum experience
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT