We are Athene. At Athene, we are driven to do more. We are a leading retirement services company that issues, reinsures and acquires retirement savings products designed for the increasing number of individuals and institutions seeking to fund retirement needs. We see every day as a new opportunity to measure ourselves against the best - and then we don't stop until we've set the bar even higher. We're ready to help you achieve more.
Purpose:The Senior Business Analyst serves as the primary liaison for Athene Agency and IT teams to ensure that corporate projects and business unit enhancements are implemented appropriately with existing IT systems and reporting requirements.
- Supports medium to large complexity projects involving ambiguity and risk encompassing multiple cross-functional business areas; focus will primarily be on Insurance Operations projects and integration to Finance systems.
- Analyzes business problems and makes recommendations for creative solutions.
- Embraces change and provides support to others through change management; manages conflict and ensures change management/business adoption is successful.
- Facilitates and leads interviews with business and technology stakeholders to coordinate comprehensive needs and potential interdependencies.
- Facilitates, prioritizes and proposes business process re-designs to maximize process results.
- Fosters relationships across multiple business and technology areas.
- Gathers business and functional requirements; documents system design/integrations.
- Increases business acumen and awareness of best practices to continuously improve business analysis capabilities.
- Leads analysis efforts and coordinates efforts with other BSAs, PMs and Project Teams.
- Participates in vendor requests for information or proposals (RFI/RFPs).
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years of progressive responsibility & successful business or systems analysis experience.
- Proficient in business analysis concepts (process workflow diagrams, context diagrams, use cases, user stories).
- Proficient in Project Management and SDLC processes; awareness of Agile/Iterative approaches.
- Experience gathering requirements for both COTS and custom developed software.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products (Excel, Access, Visio, PowerPoint).
- Exposure to working on an Agile software development team.
- Knowledge of finance, insurance, or accounting concepts is useful.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Accounting, Finance, Economics or related degree preferred.
NOTE: Successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-employment background check.
Drive. Discipline. Confidence. Focus. Commitment. Learn more about working at Athene.
Athene is a Military Friendly Employer! Learn more about how we support our Veterans.
Athene celebrates diversity, is committed to inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.