Currently, RG is looking to hire a Senior Business Analyst to support our Air Force customer. This role will be critical in supporting our customer’s overarching mission of optimizing business operations within and across the federal acquisition enterprise.
A Day In the Life:
To help make our customer successful, the chosen candidate can expect to be involved with or responsible for providing guidance and providing information that will help run our client’s contracting business more effectively, efficiently, and in a manner that improves user experience. The Senior Business Analyst shall identify potential areas of concern, help streamline business operations, be able to talk to many business stakeholders about the practice, intent, goal, and objectives. The chosen candidate will also:
- Establish, maintain, and be able to navigate multiple software and cloud-based solutions
- Look at how things are done, process analysis, explore different variants, visualize potential ways that can change a process, prioritize (where possible), and understand the basics, and document the process, change, or other major components
- Identify duplicate issues, research re-occurring bugs in a more holistic manner
- Allow users to see how the models react to different conditions, view reports that breakdown the data
- Create process maps, describe strategy, identify and communicate areas that need to be changed, work with the functional leads, find process inefficiencies, define key performance indicators, and then process and compare results against the key performance indicators
- Present efforts, findings, adjustments, key performance indicators, and course of action, recommendations, or any other pertinent information to organizational leaders
How You Can Make A Difference:
This role plays an important and vital part in mission success. The ideal candidate will be in a position to provide solutions that will lead to increased data accuracy, improved operational efficiency, mitigated risk, and reduced cost.
A Consultant is an exempt customer-facing business professional that provides a variety of information directly to customers for their ongoing programs, new initiatives, strategic planning, and measurement/evaluation in one or more of RG's solutions. They possess excellent customer service skills, remain current on industry trends, value team work, and have a wide range of interpersonal skills. Consultants also have:
- Capacity to view the organization as a whole
- Excellent analytical skills, works well with teams of teams
- Ability to challenge fundamental assumptions
To be successful in this role, all candidates must meet the below qualifications to be considered.
- Master’s degree in business management, statistics, computer science, or engineering
- 5 years’ experience in statistical analysis, data mining / processing, or programming skills
- Proven ability to read code in XML
- Basic understanding of Government infrastructure, cybersecurity regulations, network connectivity
- Ability to accommodate occasional travel
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Elicitation & facilitation skills
- Active Secret Clearance (US Citizenship required)
Bring the WOW Factor:
In addition to our core requirements that are an absolute must for this role, we want to highlight some of the qualifications that we consider to “Bring the WOW Factor”. Below are some of those “WOW Factors” that we would love to have, but that are not considered hard requirements to do the job.
- Knowledge/Experience in Federal Government Acquisition and Contracting Process
- Agile Certification
- CBAP/CCBA Certification
Physical Requirements & Disclaimer:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required, only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. EOE, including disability/vets
At Robbins-Gioia (RG), we provide management consulting, managed services, and JFAST software. Our management consulting services combine leading-edge capabilities in management and technology with a seasoned understanding of our clients’ missions. Our managed services help our clients maximize their technology investments by providing experienced professionals that complement our clients’ strategy and operations. Our JFAST software is a suite of tools that perform advanced planning and scheduling operations and is the most capable intelligent scheduling platform for complex, mission-critical applications.
Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we partner with our clients to test and refine every solution to meet their exact needs. We take pride in tackling complex management challenges with fresh and innovative insights and in transforming our clients’ vision into reality.