Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Senior Business Development Manager – Federal/Civil
This Senior Manager provides a key role in the development, coordination and implementation of strategies to support expansion in the U.S Federal agencies and Government civilian department markets. Responsible for interacting and creating relationships with numerous customers within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and all its agencies and offices, to include U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), and Transportation Security Administration (TSA); Department of Justice (DOJ) and all its divisions, agencies and offices, to include the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI); Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP); US Marshals Service (USMS), Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Exlposives (ATF). Self-initiated “green fielding” into new and undeveloped markets, such as government healthcare claims and Job Corps support services, is encouraged and expected. Key service areas include human capital resourcing, litigation support, service center operations, policy and administration, security services, application and claims management, identity, Immigration & verification, human engaged processing, information technologies, and data analytics. The Senior BD Manager reports to the Director of Business Development for the Business Process Solutions (BPS) operations, under the National Security Solutions business area and will be based out of the Ashburn, VA office.
Primary responsibilities are new opportunity pipeline development, shaping and preparing opportunities for successful capture and proposal. The Senior BD Manager will be expected to significantly increase the overall bid volume, by qualifying opportunities from 2020 through 2025. Specific emphasis on large opportunities with total contract values of $200M+ and large priming bids on new multi-award IDIQ vehicles. To accomplish this the Senior BD Manager will employ his/her extensive experience, understanding of customer requirements, government and industry networks, and an already-established pipeline of relevant opportunities. Having the ability to represent PAE to the customer base is essential to success and involves proactively creating, cultivating, enhancing relationships with current and new customers, and key contacts in the Federal agencies and civilian department markets to help identify new business opportunities.
Secondary responsibilities will be to perform capture activities on selected opportunities, as well as other activities identified by the Director. These opportunities may include responses to task orders, subcontracting opportunities or other rapid turn efforts. Duties may consist of driving opportunity from capture decision to contract award, managing bid strategies and overseeing the development of the technical, management and cost strategies and associated proposal volumes.
The Senior BD Manager serves as a valued member of the BPS business operations for opportunity identification, qualification, competitive positioning, and strategy development. He/she will work in a collaborative environment supporting the Director of Business Development and the Vice President of Operations in meeting annual operating plans, revenue/profit generation, strategy development, and reporting. Senior BD Manager will also work closely with capture managers, proposal managers, operations and functional staff. Daily activities will include customer relationship building, developing and executing contact plans, identifying and developing new business opportunities, working as part of a team with program management and business leadership to sell and develop solutions to highly complex customer problems, influencing pursuit and overall account strategies.
- Responsible for establishing and growing Federal agencies and civilian department markets, and potentially commercial markets, by strategically seeking out and creating opportunities and channels to market.
- Supports development of strategic plans for the BD organization, focused on growth and new capability activities.
- In collaboration with BD leadership, line management, and through capture and proposal influence win strategies for new business pursuits.
- Identify new services and adjacent market opportunities based on customer requirements
- Maintain a strong understanding of PAE services and can represent their benefits, and functionality to customers. Be skilled and prepared to respond to Requests For Information (RFIs), Sources Sought (SS), and Market Surveys (MS), in addition to white papers and capability presentations.
- Work with business development and marketing in support of corporate trade shows and events.
- Analyze multiple types of financial and market data, determine, verify and validate rationale behind business pursuit of opportunities.
- Develop network of key partners to optimize win probabilities.
- This position will require travel.
- Pipeline development and qualification of opportunities
- Experience developing business cases, plans and strategies, to include teaming, solutioning, pricing, and past performance. Proficient at developing and presenting gate/milestone reviews at all levels of management, to include the corporate level.
- Proven and current knowledge of customer environment and acquisition processes.
- Current relationships and experience within assigned customer set.
- Experience in developing and executing call plans.
- Current understanding of business development processes. Experience developing opportunities from early concept / trend identification through qualification.
- Experience and proven successes in shaping opportunities to increase win probabilities.
- A high level of oral and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with senior managers, colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge of government contracting, acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors.
- Ability to engage, motivate and collaborate within a matrixed, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Team-building and influencing outcomes by the ability to motivate performance and establish coalitions across a matrixed organized.
- Subject matter relevant to customer’s mission required.
- Demonstrated understanding of the FAR system, key Federal Government Contract Vehicles and other related Government contracting requirements.
- Secret security clearance. Top Secret security clearance, SCI eligible preferred.
- 10 or more years working with customer organizations; a combination of government experience and commercial business development experience is preferred.
- A progressive expansion of responsibilities for respective markets and/or budgets
- Credibility with external constituents, specifically with broad customer sets; the candidate should have a developed network of relevant contacts in these communities.
- The candidate will have established Federal agencies and civilian department customer relationships and be known among Industry partners.
- The candidate must have a solid understanding of customer requirements and come with a relevant pipeline of known opportunities.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.