At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
This job is responsible for participating in the end-to-end sourcing, negotiation and execution of deals, as well as post-close engagement to support business development as well as governance and reporting.
How you will make an impact:
- Leads sourcing deal flow, investment reviews and analyzes and articulates the strategic and financial value for investments.
- Researches and develops intelligence on emerging trends and disruptive companies in and around our strategic focus areas, adjacencies, etc.
- Generates high quality deal flow by proactively identifying investment opportunities through outbound calling in pre-defined market spaces and newly discovered segments and technologies.
- Develops background research on start-ups seeking investment from external outreach as well as inbound requests and presents select opportunities to the investment committee.
- Actively tracks portfolio companies to manage governance and reporting.
- Manages deal tracking and reporting - from first conversation through term sheet to deal close coordinating resources internally to assess the deal for execution.
- Tracks Venture activity, M&A transactions as well as JVs/alliances occurring in the market to develop actionable insights.
- Supports business development and partnerships, including working with legal and finance to develop business case supported by strategic analysis.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to ensure we meet timelines and driving resolution and escalates matters appropriately.
- Supports developing and maintaining relationships with other corporate VCs, founders, investment bankers, etc.
- Represents the team at venture and innovation conferences, as well as topical industry events.
- Creates reports and analyzes data to identify solutions that meet business goals.
- Continuously analyzes current processes and identifies and executes on process improvement opportunities.
- Supports other ad-hoc project based responsibilities to support the strategic investment, partnerships and/or growth strategy efforts.
What we look for:
- Minimum of 3 years related or experience in investment banking, venture capital, or private equity.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education, training or experience is required.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
Due to COVID-19, there is an even greater demand for flexibility and change. Due to the pandemic, the expectation around work location for certain roles may be remote until a future date, determined by Delta Dental Management. Should the position you seek be determined by Delta Dental Management as “remote,” the position may require you to have access to remote internet in order to meet the expectations outlined in the job duties.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. Our vision is to motivate and empower every employee so we’re all inspired to take exceptional care of our customers, providers and each other. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided if selected for hire.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/paid time off
- Professional Development
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance