Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Demand Planning & Fulfillment has an opening for a Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
The Demand Planning Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst will serve a critical role in constructing retail optimization engine for demand output and act as the formalizer to infuse the new practice to key functions across organization. The position will provide analytic backbone to drive business performance and help functional leaders make encompasses informed decisions.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Conduct process mapping to help organization gain better understanding with performance input attributes
• Develop exception reporting and feedback loop for various segments to learn and shape operating models
• Lead research projects to understand how the inputs interact with other variables and impact demand
• Provide analytical support to ad-hoc cross-functional projects
• Gather requirements and conduct system design with technical counterparts through stages of optimization engine construction
• Manage road map and projects relating to demand planning and optimization engine building to ensure milestones are achieved in time
• Collaborate with Data Science team to develop and A/B test the forecast model
• Communicate, align, and obtain buy-in from functional owners
• Implementing new system and/or process to key functions
• Monitor and create continuous feedback loop to improve optimization forecast results
• Acquire solid understanding of Albertson's Safeway business and proactively look for ways to provide analytical solutions to business issues
• 4-year degree (Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, MIS or similar focus) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience.
• 2+ years of functional experience in Kaizen/continuous improvement, forecasting, or finance operation.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with data science analytical tools, e.g. R, Python, and advanced level Excel
• Extensive understanding of statistical principles and how to apply them in real world
• Knowledge and experience with 4th generation query languages and applications, e.g. SAS, SQL, SPSS, and Snowflake (Cognos & Power BI a plus)
• Experience as data science formalizer is a strong plus
• Ability to manage-up and form business strategy
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled