Design, development, and deployment of Microsoft BI and other third-party solutions including KPI’s, Dashboards, Reports and custom analyses in order to provide meaningful information to the business.
This role includes creating BI solutions along with business analysis, project management, data modeling, warehouse design, stored procedure and SQL authoring, SSIS package creation, SSAS Cube creation, PowerBI & Tibco Spotfire Dashboard creation, SSRS Report generation, and integration of these components into SharePoint Online as required. This position will also be responsible for the maintenance and documentation of BI products.
Strategy & Planning
- Build complex business intelligence projects – including analysis, project management, design, development, testing & implementation; Design and document BI architecture.
- Design and develop strategic enterprise-level reporting solutions including web-based reports, self-service solutions and dashboards. Being a thought leader in implementing effective business analytics practices that drive improved decision-making, efficiency and performance;
- Work with information technology and business application SMEs to determine best method of handling data governance standards and support.
- Maintain and adhere to security policies around accessing BI data.
- Heavy collaboration with Team Members
- Conducts prototyping and proof of concept activities.
- Facilitate and plan for User Acceptance Testing
- Design, development, and support of T-SQL DML (stored procedures, user defined functions, view definitions) and DDL. Reporting result sets, ETL, ad-hoc data analysis.
- Design, development, and support of multi-dimensional and tabular cubes well as MDX and DAX scripting. Reporting result sets, ad-hoc data analysis.
- Design, development, and support of dashboards, KPIs, and reports, sourced from a variety of data sources, using tools including PowerBI, Spotfire, Excel, and Reporting Services. Understand parameters, row-level security, and cube value formulas.
- Analyze business and technical requirements, as well as data warehouse data models, to understand detailed data management requirements.
- Adhere to source control and deployment standard & procedures utilized by the BI and DBA development teams in Team Foundation Services.
- Monitor performance and tune the BI environment as needed.
- Perform diagnostics and troubleshooting in response to user requests, automated systems notifications, and monitoring discoveries effecting Whiting’s BI products and solutions.
- Perform basic administrative duties as it relates to BI Infrastructure, including security configuration, hot fixes, service packs, and performance benchmarking.
Formal Education & Certification
- Degree in Information Systems or computer science, and/or 5+ years BI work experience.
- Certifications in MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS highly valued.
Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrated ability to ensure product quality is built in before product release.
- MS SQL Server, T-SQL – experience with development and support of DML & DDL required.
- SSAS – experience supporting and modifying multi-dimensional and tabular SSAS data models, as well as basic MDX and DAX experience required.
- PowerBI – experience in the development, configuration, and administration of enterprise wide solutions required.
- SSRS – experience developing complex reports with drilldown and sub reports. Source report data from relational databases, multi-dimensional and tabular cubes, and other data sources as needed (xml feeds etc.).
- Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure SQL Database, Azure Data Factory experience a plus.
- Understanding of standard accounting concepts and principles vis-à-vis financial reporting preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Occasional off-hours work to meet deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
Whiting Petroleum Corporation does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.