(Position is based in Emeryville, CA)
The Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer leads key areas of the Corporate Analytics – Reinsurance team and supports Finance and Risk groups to provide structured transaction data- management and reporting solutions. This position provides critical support to facilitate the organization’s capital initiatives and collaborates with other team members to provide technical solutions for Operations, Servicing, Finance, and Accounting. Also responsible for onboarding and managing new and existing Reinsurance transactions and transforming data into actionable information and providing consultative support to enhance processes, data quality and workflow efficiency.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead projects through the entire lifecycle of collecting requirements, recommending and designing the appropriate solution, creating project plans with realistic estimates, writing SSIS and stored procedures, building reports, testing and deploying the code.
- Maintain, enhance, and re-engineer aspects of structured transactions management database functionality to support new and existing transaction requirements, as well as improving process repeatability.
- Develop and maintain SSIS, SSRS, SSAS & Power BI projects.
- Develop and maintain process-automation tools which support business user’s day-to-day functions.
- Respond to, and troubleshoot, production issues related to data quality and performance and resolve them in timely manner.
- Work closely with different business teams to understand the problem at hand and help them find a solution or design a suitable technical solution.
- Provide ad hoc assistance as needed.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, related IT field or equivalent work experience.
- Five or more years of direct work experience in a BI/SQL server environment.
- Minimum of two years of report design and BI tool. Hands-on experience a must for tools like Power BI, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Domo, Tableau, SSAS. Expertise in Advanced SQL, Stored Proc & SSIS highly desired.
- Understanding of relational database principles, preferably SQL server, a must.
- Strong knowledge of moving data across multiple platforms using SSIS (ETL). Familiar with high transaction driven applications, tuning the complex SQL queries and building/maintaining SSRS reports and SSAS cubes and Power BI reports.
- Power apps, R and Python desirable.
- Data science and ML modeling experience desirable.
- Strong analytical skills, Ability to use technology to maintain a high level of data accuracy throughout the project lifecycle.
- Strong organizational skills for developing the proper policies and procedures to maintain and enforce quality data standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience writing both technical and general documentation.
- Results-oriented, willingness to commit to a direction and drive operations to completion.
- Ability to manage senior relationships across all functional areas.
- Collaborative team player orientation towards work relationships, strong culture awareness.
- Ability to break down complex problems and projects into manageable goals.
National MI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. We value and actively seek to recruit, develop, and retain individuals with varied backgrounds and experiences reflecting the full diversity of the communities that we serve. It is the policy of the National MI to comply with all applicable laws concerning the employment of persons with disabilities.