Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Senior Business Operations Manager
PAE is in need of a seasoned Sr. Business Operations Manager to support our National Security Solutions Group in Falls Church, VA. The Sr. Bus Ops Manager will be responsible for managing and directing the Business Operations organization, supporting program areas with $150M+ in annual revenue. They will also be responsible for managing a team of business finance, planning, and accounting staff, ensuring contractual compliance, cost management, budget development and analyses, financial estimating, and proposal support. The Sr. Bus Ops Manager will coordinate subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
- Have high visibility as it supports a very large complex programs both domestic and international.
- Have Financial/Program Control responsibilities in support of programs in areas of budgeting/reporting, sales, indirect rates, cash and DSO, and strong proposal pricing and long range planning.
- Develop, deploy and Implement key performance indicators, monthly financial management reports, and management dashboards
- Be responsible for the budgeting, reporting, forecasting program cost, Subcontract/IWTA establishment, financial analysis and reporting, forecasting orders, sales, EBIT, controllable overhead, financial charts in support of Program Management Reviews, generation/fact-finding/updating/negotiations of proposals, funding requirement analysis, and monthly estimates to compete.
- Ensure responsiveness to Program, Customer, and Corporate Needs.
- Utilize creative and innovative resource planning solutions to ensure that corporate, customer and program deliverables are being met in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinate with Program Management prior to submitting responses to Corporate and Customers.
- Ensure clear, prepared and effective communications to Program/Corporate Leadership.
- Involve PAE Leadership and management and in Key Business Operations issues.
- Communicate those issues clearly and decisively, and with prepared solutions.
- Determine the nature and extent of procedures to be performed by each member of the group and provide oral/written guidance to ensure that they efficiently complete the procedures identified.
- Analyze internal controls in order to understand and document these controls while seeking to improve the flow of information through the re-engineering of existing processes currently utilized by Financial Accounting.
- Identify areas of improvement in financial accounting applications and operational procedures and effectively communicate these value-added solutions both orally and in writing to senior department personnel.
- Complete or delegate actions to execute process improvements.
- Have overall responsibility for the Monthly/Quarterly/Annual Internal and External Financial Statements.
- Review financial statements, propose adjustments, and suggest solutions to ensure that monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements are fairly stated and delivered to Management in a timely manner.
- Prepare certain analyses of Financial Statements and Program Data for Management and review such analyses prepared by other members of the Financial Accounting Staff.
- Direct development and maintenance of operational specifications for financial information systems.
- Respond to Internal and External Inquiries for Financial Data.
- Act as main interface with external and internal auditors related to the Financial Statements.
- 7+ years of experience in multiple areas, including Finance, Accounting or Business Operations is required.
- Requires 3+ years of effective management experience in a related area.
- 3-5 years of DOD Cost Accounting Standards experience
- 3-5 years of Costpoint experience required
- Experience working with DOD, DOS, and NATO customers is highly desired.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance (or related disciplines) from an accredited institution, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have experience driving the review and analysis of the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and plans, and developing strategies for improving or further leveraging these plans.
- Requires experience representing the Company to customers.
- Strong English communication, both oral and written is required.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret policies, procedures and technical documentation.
- Requires strong knowledge of budgets, estimates at complete and projections.
- Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts and propose solutions is required.
- Must have the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently.
- Requires knowledge of principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources, leadership, service delivery methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer services is required. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities, schedules and budgets.
- Requires excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Expert computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Project and PowerPoint is required.
- Ability to travel as required
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.