The Senior Business Project Manager directs, plans, designs, and implements large and complex business projects in assigned area(s) of responsibility; manages the quality, scope, schedule, and budget related to assigned project(s) or project elements to support business initiatives. Coordinates with other departments for shared resources and scheduling. Assists the Business Program Director with general supervision of project managers in IT.
- Provide end-to-end Project Management for business initiatives
- Coordinate and participate in detailed requirements collection, analysis and documentation.
- Work with lines of business on project planning, identifying solutions, and documenting current and target environments.
- Manage project risks with necessary mitigation, escalation and backup plans
- Manage to the defined governance and Change Control methodologies
- 7 – 10 years of project/program management experiencing involving large and extremely complex projects
- Minimum of 5 years of banking/financial services experience
- Knowledge of relevant banking compliance regulations is highly desired.
- Must have superior oral and written presentation skills, with the ability to create and deliver executive level PowerPoint presentations
- Executive presence is a must
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to audiences with varying degrees of technical understanding
- Knowledge of Change Management best practices
- Self-motivated individual willing to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- Hands-on experience in Project Planning and Project Management using industry standard tools and techniques
- Well rounded project management experience in banking or financial services.
- Knowledge of best practices for enterprise-level business projects
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio.
- Ability to manage ambiguity in unstructured environments and on multiple work streams.
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member.
- Ability to build consensus, generate support from a wide-range of stakeholders, and create a strong network of relationships among peers, internal partners and external constituencies.
- Positive attitude and highly adaptable to change.
- Preferred experience with Actimize and/or SAS