ABOUT INOGENInogen was founded in 2001 to improve quality of life and increase freedom and independence for oxygen therapy users. Inogen is innovation in oxygen therapy. The Inogen mission is to improve freedom and independence for oxygen therapy patients through innovative products and services. Inogen is a manufacturer and Accredited Homecare Provider.
Inogen is focused on quality care, continuous improvement, and outstanding customer satisfaction. We are a stable, USA based company dedicated to providing an exciting and rewarding career to our employees. We completed a successful Initial Public Offering on the NASDAQ in 2014 and have demonstrated substantial growth over the last five years. Our work environment is casual yet high performing, and we are looking for seriously talented, motivated, and fast-paced professionals to join our team.
Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services such as modules, components, floorstock, equipment, tools, parts, and supplies for the organization. Responsible for source selection and procurement functions directly associated with the Company's needs for indirect materials and services, fixed assets and tooling, and select production materials and services. These products and services are to be secured at cost quality, and delivery competitive levels consistent with Company policy and performance standards. The position is further responsible for the timely planning, scheduling of receipt and inventory control of the products and services as assigned consistent with MRP requirements or as appropriately concluded with a requisitioner.
- Negotiates with vendors for all materials, supplies, equipment and services used by the Company.
- Coordinates with Supply Chain organization on approving new suppliers.
- Supports production plan with accurate, on time delivery of necessary materials using MRP.
- Establish and maintain effective supplier relationships and identify alternate sources for material.
- Work closely with production on all scheduling issues.
- Resolve general problems with suppliers (i.e. - receiving errors, invoicing problems, etc.)
- Ensure inventory accuracy at local facility through cycle counting and transaction verification
- Assist with any other duties as assigned.
- Monitor supplier performance / work with QA to certify suppliers.
- Negotiates blanket purchase orders when appropriate and monitors cost during the time period.
- Tracks supplier performance related to defined quality metrics (and helps to define those metrics.)
- Actively interfaces with client service, engineering and quality.
- Actively participates in MRB meetings.
- Actively participates in ISO audit recertification process.
- Lead and participate in cost reduction projects.
- Facilitate technical discussions between engineering and suppliers.
Do you possess these abilities?
- Must have strong work ethic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- MRP implementation experience.
- MRP systems knowledge required (Preferably with Excel / Alliance and/or Great Plains.)
- ISO 9000 skills recommended.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Effective conflict resolution.
- Analytical & problem-solving skills & ability to multitask.
- Solutions-oriented problem solver.
- Excellent planning, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with different departments within the company.
- Operates at a task + project level for select projects which are specifically assigned to them.
- Associates degree in Business Management, Industrial Management, Logistics, or related technical discipline, required.
- 5-10 years of experience in purchasing and inventory management, required. Preferably in medical device manufacturing.
- 3 years' experience in production material planning, required.
- APICs certification Supply Chain Professional, preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge/proficiency in Microsoft Office, required.
- Advanced Excel skills, required.
- MRP Systems experience, required. Preferably with Alliance and/or Great Plains, preferred.
- A combination of training, education and experience that is equivalent to the qualifications listed above and that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
WHY INOGENInogen is a dynamic company that is not only focused on quality care of patients, but is also committed to being a top employer. Each of Inogen' s offices have a casual culture that supports employees being responsible and developing professionals.
We offer competitive salaries and a robust benefit package:
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan 401 (K) plan available for all employees Health, dental, vision insurance Flexible spending accounts and wellness discount program Life Insurance Long Term Disability Robust paid time off and 8 paid holidays Employee Assistance Program
See the Inogen Team in action:
Inogen Where we go to work hard to positively impact people's lives
Inogen is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm; http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. The pay transparency policy is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf.
Inogen is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (972) 616-5668 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.