Reporting to and under the authority of the Manager, System Procurement, the Buyer II provides assistance throughout the department as needed to maintain an adequate supply of merchandise for the supply chain. Obtains materials, equipment or supplies at lowest cost consistent with required quality, quantity and availability. Actively researches and develops new sources of supply and/or recommends possible substitute materials. The Buyer II will maintain daily reports, as well as the development of various supply related analysis.
The Procurement Department is dedicated to exceeding the expectations of our internal and external customers. Our medical facilities are our primary internal customers and operate 24 hours per day, 7 days per week across various geographic regions. As such, the Procurement Department must be available to support regional needs as they arise; even at times when the Corporate Office is closed. Therefore, this position may occasionally be required to work during periods of Corporate Office closures including closures due to inclement weather, public holidays and weekends.
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of CHRISTUS Health. It is expected that the associate demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The associate shall support CHRISTUS Health's strategic plan and the goals.
- Consistently supports the hospital's Spirit of Serving Standards, in line with the Mission, Vision and values of CHRISTUS Health.
- Follows the CHRISTUS Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Promotes a culture of safety for patients and Associates through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
- Effectively manages expenditures to reduce the total cost of ownership of material acquisitions.
- Maintain SAP Material Master data integrity for inventory planning and purchasing fields.
- Works effectively in inventory, planning and purchasing screens in MMIS.
- Responsibility for maintaining inventory according to stated goals of levels and/or turns.
- Maintain satisfactory supplier metrics.
- Create and implement new processes to reduce inventory and waste.
- Follow all safety guidelines and report unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Responsible for the creation, communication of Procurement related reporting
- Development of supply chain related analysis to assist in improved contract compliance and lowering of supply costs.
- Assist with the processing of purchase requests for assigned departments. Ensures requests are processed in a timely and accurate manner (within 24hrs) and all terms of Purchase agreements are met by vendors.
- Assist Internal Customers to insure inventory levels compare favorably with ordering and receiving levels. Strives to keep inventory levels at a minimum.
- Monitors purchasing computer system to assure efficiency and data integrity. Insures system is being utilized according to system and hospital procedures. Insures purchasing information is up- dated daily - pricing, unit of purchase, vendor order number etc.
- Assist in the review/ resolution of open orders to ensure Department delivery expectation met.
- Assist in the review and resolution of GARPSE report related issues.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Four years experience in related field as well as strong analytical skills. Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet).
- Good organizational skills and experience in working with teams towards measured outcomes.
- Knowledge of Purchasing and customer service procedures as normally acquired through Materials Management experience