Senior Buyer & Planner - Bothell, WA
FUJIFILM, SonoSite, Inc . We are an innovative and high performance culture with tremendous opportunities. People who work here are given the unique opportunity to contribute to the advancement of healthcare throughout the world. Headquartered in Bothell, WA USA, FUJIFILM SonoSite is represented by a global distribution network in over 100 countries. Since its inception, FUJIFILM SonoSite’s lightweight, robust products have created and led the point-of-care ultrasound market. From sophisticated urban hospital emergency rooms to clinics in austere, remote villages, FUJIFILM SonoSite systems are used by over 21 medical specialties and provide clinicians around the world with a cost-effective tool for improving patient safety and workflow efficiency. FUJIFILM SonoSite holds a number of prestigious design awards and has in excess of 145 patents.
Responsible for procuring materials, components, and tooling in support of NPI (New Products Introduction) and Production builds. Places, tracks and updates orders and delivery commitments through the NPI process including managing specification changes and order alignment with suppliers. Insures adequate supply in place for production ramp-up of new products and into Production. Works in collaboration with Supply Chain Management to insure the appropriate supplier strategy is being utilized in time for new product release to production purchasing. Determines material requirements from engineering and New Product build schedules, and maintains schedules to lead-times and inventory at planned levels. Monitors cost, schedule, and scope of assigned NPI and Production projects. Insures new products are ready from a materials standpoint for production release in time to meet project schedules. Works as a key member of a high-performance team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Use thorough forecasting and proper planning techniques to ensure supply of components are maintained to meet engineering and production ramp up requirements.
- Support the RFQ process for complex projects by being the interface point between FFSS and supplier to provide and coordinate drawings, specifications and milestones throughout the process.
- Apply NPI purchasing experience to identify supplier risks such as capacity, resources engagement, material lead times and work with Supply Chain Management to insure no impact on project schedules and insure on time delivery of material to project schedules.
- Coordinate with engineering to help manage components and suppliers through the DFM process and report status to the cross functional team.
- Create, update, and publish project material cost models and schedules.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues related to delivery, supplier performance, quality or cost.
- Support Commodity Management to identify and qualify new suppliers and second sources for critical components as requested.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of current systems and processes.
- Insure and maintain accuracy of all applicable reports, PO’s, component item master information, etc.
- Conduct lead-time and capacity reviews both internally and externally throughout the NPI process to maintain supplier readiness.
- Conduct a cost analysis to realize impacts to supply chain by calculating total cost of NPI and preparing cost comparison spreadsheets, considering carrying cost, shipping costs, foreign exchange rates, duties, and make versus buy calculations and supplier DFM feedback.
- Other Related Duties
- Regularly review sales orders to be released for revenue, review material shortages using our internal Job Simulator, NPI misc. receipts, scrap and INA transactions, and cycle counts
- Analyze and report actual builds / sales (what we actually built and sold) vs actuals build/revenue plan (intended to build and sell). Work with the Master Scheduler adjust forward planning.
- Champion master scheduling change from monthly to quarterly material planning. This will require regularly material analysis of system components and high volume accessories.
- Manage Planning BOMs, Safety stock, and End of Life (EOL) Accessories
- Service Planning- review biannually and make necessary changes to Planning BOM and SS based on service manager request and CN/CIP actions.
- Manage Change Notices (CNs) and CIP (Change Implementation Plan) actions- add and remove as necessary
- Other Related Duties
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Production Planning, Master Scheduling, Industrial Engineering, or a related field of study, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in an operations-related role, such as New Product Project Mgmt., Planning, Forecasting, Manufacturing, Logistics, Procurement, or related experience is preferred.
- Must have significant computer experience using Windows, Word, Excel (advanced skills required) and ERP Information Systems, preferably Oracle
Skills, & Abilities:
- MS Office skills (MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excel (VLOOKUP’s, Pivot Tables, Charts, and filtering)
- Experience working with engineers and manufacturing resources for prototype parts procurement, pilot activities and production launch of new products.
- Experience in NPI technical and manufacturing experience in machining, sheet metal fabrication, plastic injection molding, die-casting, compression molding, other mechanical processes, and PCB, PCBA and component engineering.
- Ability to enjoy and work effectively in a fast-paced environment of constant change. Ability to manage change quickly and gracefully.
- Experience with and a functional understanding of the manufacturing processes utilized by the suppliers of mechanical components (precision machining, sheet metal, casting, plastic injection molding and other plastics processes, etc.)
- Familiar with project management techniques for new product introduction.
- ECO implementation experience required.
- Familiarity with contract and cost negotiation techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills a must. Ability to communicate at both high (strategic) and detailed (tactical) levels and the ability to know when one or the other is appropriate. Diplomacy and “grace under fire” a must.
- Detail oriented with demonstrated ability to proactively follow-up on areas of responsibility in a timely manner.
- Ability read and have a basic understanding of engineering drawings.
- Experienced in Lean and Kanban methods and processes. . Knowledge of DFMA (Design for Manufacturing and Assembly) is a plus
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and efficiently on various assignments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
FUJIFILM SonoSite, Inc. offers a fantastic compensation package, including benefits, and a 401k program. Visit us today to learn more about our exciting technologies and how you can make a difference. To apply and obtain further details regarding key responsibilities and experience requirements, check out our careers page at www.SonoSite.com/careers.
FUJIFILM SonoSite, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and / or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 425-951-1200, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org . Additionally, the affirmative program/plan is available for review upon formal request by employees and applicants for employment in the Human Resources office during regular office hours.