Position Title: Senior Capture/Business Development Manager - Army C5ISR Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG)
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to transforming and delivering world-class agile service and C5ISR solution capabilities to solve the complex challenges faced by our Department of Defense, civilian, and commercial mission partners. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction is led by our team of innovative professionals who are passionate about promoting a culture of inclusion and pride ourselves on always doing the right thing while embracing a can-do attitude.
Odyssey is seeking a Senior Capture/Business Development Manager to focus on Army C5ISR Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG) program growth and capture initiatives. The prime responsibility will be the capture of strategic new business in the APG area, including programs under PEO C3T, PEO IEW&S, CECOM, SEC, Army Futures Command CCDC/C5ISR Center, and the various T&E commands, as well as other markets as identified or assigned. The successful candidate will bring established Army C5ISR relationships and specific functional knowledge, develop a comprehensive understanding of Odyssey’s offerings and services, and initiate and maintain customer and teaming partner relationships that benefit Odyssey. The successful candidate is viewed as a person with an entrepreneurial spirit and a thought leader who wants to be part of a growing company with a great culture and a focused vision to succeed.
Odyssey is not just looking for a candidate. We are looking for someone to become part of our team, who shares the same passion and desire to work together to reap the rewards of our hard work and commitment in delivering quality services and solutions to our mission partners and to the Warfighter.
In this role, you will be expected to:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work with APG Director and Odyssey Leaders to identify customer and partner needs to develop new business and expand existing lines of business within the APG community
- Schedule, interface, and meet with industry partner leaders to promote Odyssey’s capabilities, name recognition, and gather customers desires, hot buttons, concerns, and issues
- Translate requirements into a winning strategy, advance strategy with a strong value proposition and differentiate bid elements based on compelling features and benefits
- Identify shaping opportunities to influence final RFP to enhance PWin
- Obtain and apply an understanding of the competitive landscape
- Support the proposal development process by providing necessary “Capture Artifacts” to the proposal team and participate in the Kickoff/Pink/Red Team Reviews
- Define or oversee the conceptual solution and strategies for winning each opportunity including the initial Theming/Storyboarding efforts and transition the capture artifacts to the assigned proposal team.
- Develop, document, and execute the Capture Management Plan and associated strategies for each capture program including:
- Conduct requirement analysis
- Conduct the Competitive Analysis
- Conduct “gap analysis” effort for Capture Programs
- Conduct Prime vs Sub analysis
- Develop a Call Plan and the other components of a successful capture program
- Develop Client Hot Buttons
- Conduct timely reviews of programs in the Capture Phase including Stage 0, 1 and 2 reviews to company management
- Analyze Post Award feedback and recommend improvements to the Capture Process
- Assist in the maintenance of the Corporate BD repository
- Develop and document customer profiles
- Significantly contribute to meeting or exceeding the annual sales and profitability goals as established by the Company.
- Research, identify and shape future opportunities 1-3 years out.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Odyssey’s 5-year roadmap; understand current capabilities, gaps, and objectives; identify obstacles, barriers and roadblocks, and areas of penetration (new growth)
- Attend industry meetings, conferences, seminars, and tradeshows
Army C5ISR Experience:
- Working knowledge of the Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG) Market
- Familiarity with Army C5ISR systems development and acquisition processes
- Familiarity with major APG acquisition vehicles like RS3, GSA, OASIS, and other vehicles
- Existing relationships within the APG community under PEO C3T, PEO IEW&S, CECOM, SEC, Army Futures Command CCDC/C5ISR Center, and the various T&E commands
- Existing teaming (company/vendor/partner) relationships
- Support writing RFI responses, and major proposals
- Someone who is “all in”, aggressive, “hungry”, “roll up your sleeves”, takes initiative, and enjoys what they are doing
- Exhibits the same enthusiasm and abilities whether pursuing a $5M or a $100M opportunity
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business or Technical Discipline.
- Previous senior management experience in the delivery of technical and management services.
- 5 - 10 years of directly relevant experience
- Capability to work effectively with a broad range of people with a wide variety of technical skills and experience.
- Ability to react quickly in a rapidly changing environment, motivate and manage a team, and supporting staff.
- Ability to assess and develop strategic plans and energize others to achieve related goals.
- Minimum Secret level clearance required.
- Planning, Organizing
- Communication: Writing, Speaking, and Interpersonal
- Customer Relations
- Creative, Intuitive, Innovative
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment
- Military Leave
- On Site Cafeteria
- Vacation/paid time off
- Employee Events
- Gym Memberships
- Professional Development
- Life Insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid sick days
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Retirement / Pension Plans