Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01300262 Date posted 03/19/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have an excellent opportunity for a talented Senior Casting Process Modeling Engineer to be based in East Hartford, CT.
You will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
You will become part of a highly focused modeling team in a dynamic and meaningful environment. You will support the development, implementation, and maturation of casting modeling and simulation tools and methods.
These efforts may include:
- development and implementation of computational methods,
- process monitoring,
- data capture,
- analytics and
- material characterization methods development and application.
Additionally, you will assess current state of casting tools and methods in MPE, and support the utilization of such and support obtaining internal and external funding.
- assessing current model or method maturity,
- standardizing requirements for documentation,
- new model development and validation, as appropriate.
You will also be responsible for developing and executing project plans and cost estimates, meeting schedule achievements and reporting progress to management. You will work with multi-functional teams including Materials Development, Manufacturing, Design, Structures and Lifing Disciplines.
To be successful in this position, you should have the following experience:
- US Citizen due to program requirements
- Either a BS degree in a related field with 4+ years' experience with manufacturing process modeling
- or an Entry-level MS degree or Ph.D. graduate with materials process modeling in their graduate work will also considered.
- Degree in Materials Science, Metallurgy, or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Excellent Judgment and professional maturity
- The ability to create positive relationships and craft clear communication
Our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms