The Senior Category Manager, Global Sourcing, LSG is responsible for managing and continuously improving the assigned categories of spend - Biologicals and Chemicals. The individual will be collaborative and lead cross-functional team of sourcing, operations, technical, finance and other key stakeholders to prioritize sourcing initiatives, develop sourcing strategies, conduct RFx events, negotiate contracts, support spend migration from incumbent to preferred suppliers, and manage preferred supplier relationships.
• Leads global category management for assigned categories to deliver key category performance indicators, including: Savings, supplier rationalization, low-cost region sourcing, risk management, spend under agreement, joint innovation, supplier performance, etc.
• Establishes category plans and priorities globally and ensures alignment with divisional business priorities. • Develops and drives 3 to 5-year global sourcing strategies focused on identifying and contracting with preferred suppliers that meet key business needs & the aforementioned category management goals.
• Engages and supports division/site procurement teams and other key stakeholders to qualify preferred suppliers & migrate spend from incumbent, non-preferred suppliers.
• Interfaces with category leaders in regions, divisions, & groups as well as cross-functional stakeholders (quality, technical, operations, finance, etc.) to ensure all category sourcing activities are aligned to a common set of goals and priorities.
• Conducts supplier business reviews with preferred suppliers to ensure both parties meet obligations under the terms of agreement, including performance standards and continuous improvement goals.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or technical field.
• Minimum of 5 years procurement/sourcing experience in mid to large multinational companies
• Minimum 3 years working on the assigned category of spend.
• Business acumen – knows how to assess market/business requirements dynamics and negotiate agreements that yield meaningful business value.
• Experience working in highly regulated industries.
• Experience in a continuous improvement environment with a track record of achieving significant year over year results.
• Demonstrated consultative/collaborative style in performing sourcing activities.
• Influences without authority to motivate and manage a cross-functional team in multiple geographies. Preferred Qualifications:
• Master's degree
• CPSM or equivalent
• Hands-on manufacturing and/or supply chain experience
• Experience in life sciences, medical device, or pharmaceutical industries