We are seeking a Senior CEI Inspector for our Transportation-Construction Management (T-CM) Practice in the Rockhill or Columbia, South Carolina areas.
As a Senior CEI Inspector, you will monitor the contractor’s on-site construction activities and inspect materials to ensure compliance with plans, specifications, and special provisions for the construction contract.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Maintain detailed records of the contractor’s daily operations and events that affect the work, monitoring, and inspecting contractor’s work zone traffic control plan as well as reviewing modifications to the plan.
- Perform sampling and testing of component materials and completed work in accordance with the construction contract
- Manage the team of inspectors (coordinate their schedules, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Survey equipment and procedures
- Ability to mentor less experienced inspection team
- Has the ability to manage less complex construction projects
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Associate’s degree is a plus
- 8+ years inspection or engineering experience (3+ years in roadway/bridge inspection)
- Experience as a CEI/CM Senior Inspector on Roadway and Bridge Construction Projects or prior roadway/bridge construction experience
- Has all SCDOT inspection certifications
- Must obtain any required certifications and pass appropriate qualifications tests for the position in specified time frames
- Valid Driver License
- Must have good driving record
- Ability to sit, stand, climb, bend, twist or stoop frequently and for prolonged periods
- Ability to reach horizontally as well as vertically for required tasks
- Ability to use construction or inspection safety equipment including fall protection
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- Click Here for Full Benefits Information
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
While RS&H was founded in 1941, we have been providing construction management services as one of our primary business practices since 1984. RS&H’s Transportation-Construction Management Practice serves numerous state departments of transportation, mobility/transportation authorities, turnpike/toll authorities, rail/port authorities, municipal/county governments, and private clients throughout the United States. Our Construction Engineering and Inspections (CEI) teams as well as our Construction Management teams are industry leading experts who provide a full range of construction engineering, program management, specialized testing, and inspection services from the preconstruction phase through maintenance and operations. By joining our team, you too can provide unique expertise in the full life cycle of transportation delivery, and lead the evolution of transportation.
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation’s top 100 design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.