Responsible for ensuring excellence in the management of Chemical, Process-engineering activities for existing and new manufacturing plants within Troy Corporation worldwide. Designs, modifies, and maintains chemical processes. Calculates and organizes all data for complex process flow sheets including instrumentation and control plans for sequence of operation. Prepares specifications and operating instructions for processing equipment. Conducts pilot plant tests and measurements at production scale to ensure proper scale-up. Services, troubleshoots, and solves engineering problems with processes or equipment already in operation.
- Responsible for driving process excellence thru continuous improvement.
- Strong understanding of product development lifecycles and processes.
- Organize and implement process improvement programs that aim at increasing throughput and reducing off spec product.
- Oversees pilot plant production ensuring proper operation and productions to meet goals in a timely basis.
- Designs and installs pilot plant equipment to meet production needs.
- Scales up new products form laboratory methods to pilot plant production to initial manufacturing start-up and may design and install pilot plant equipment, and operate pilot plant facility.
- Monitors and develops processes at Toller locations ensuring adherence to Company standards and specifications.
- Develops and maintains the Bill of Materials. Performs material and energy balance to monitor and improve process yield. Performs chemical synthesis, purification, and optimization studies in order to maximize production yields.
- Manages process to transfer process technology from pilot plant to full-scale production.
- Provides process and equipment design specification to new product development stage gate system.
- Modify Process Specifications and Work Instructions to improve plant-manufacturing processes.
- Strong expertize in statistical process control and defining process capabilities.
- Evaluates and analyzes technology transfers so that process development and enhancements are accomplished.
- Analyzes and trouble-shoots chemical manufacturing processes on a regular basis in order to reduce operating costs by improving existing process.
- Contributes analysis of hazard operations to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Writes manufacturing batch instructions, including process manual, data collection sheets, and continuous flow documentation so that trends and other pertinent information can be analyzed and evaluated.
- Performs all other duties and special projects as assigned.
Pilot Plant Oversight & Scheduling:
- Participate in monthly Commercialization and New Products development Committee meeting and manage pilot plant activities to support new product introduction process.
- Evaluate and recommend the purchase of pilot plant equipment to meet future needs.
Key Candidate Attributes: The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Action-oriented, self-starter. Takes active role in identifying process improvement opportunities and in solving technical problems.
- Ability to “think outside of the box”, finding innovative solutions to complex engineering problems.
- Cost conscious and thorough analysis - finds the most economical solutions to solve problems.
- Strong analytical capabilities, logical and independent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering from highly reputable University. Master’s in Chemical Engineering highly desired.
- Minimum 3-5 years of process engineering management experience in technical environment similar to Troy in size and complexity.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team that can engineer and work with R&D to scale up products from inception to commercialization
- Fluency with commonly used business and engineering software, e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, & MS Project, AutoCAD, Aspen Technologies, etc.